Changing your work email address?

mizl

Beauty TM
I changed my preferred last name in Workday so it shows up mostly everywhere, but my target.com email address is still my legal name. I always wonder if that confuses people because I put my preferred last name in my email signature. And like, in myGuest it autofills my legal name when responding to guest comments. It's not like... deeply upsetting to see it incorrect, my parents split up five years ago and I've gradually come to distance myself from my dad's last name, but it'd be nice to change it if I can, you know? Anyone know if this is even possible, or where to go about it? I feel like it's gonna be a "call CSC" thing. I remember I had a TM whose deadname was still showing up in myWork ("Hello, (TM)!") and I had to escalate that case repeatedly until finally someone from CSC called me like "we're not hanging up this phone until I've personally guaranteed it's fixed." (They did get it fixed, if you were wondering.)

As far as I know, either CSC or HROC would be your best bet. Things could have changed since I left the company but I had to help someone with a similar situation just before I resigned, and CSC took care of it for us after two phone calls.

Ugh, I figured. Thank you. I don't hate calling CSC, I just hate trying to get 15 uninterrupted minutes on the phone.

You‘ll have to call to change your last name. Prior to workday I got married and even after all the paper work I had to fill out and submit for my name (legal name change, not preferred) to get changed in the system it did not change my last name in my email.

Back