Archived Checking ALL items on clearance on LPDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am a new TM, I started 2 weeks ago. I know target has amazing electronics clearances on TV's on certain times of the year. I was just wondering if theres a way I can check items that are on clearance in the store using my LPDA? I'm not just interested in Electronics, I'd like to check everyday if i could :)

Thank you

Honestly, the easiest way to find out what's on clearance is to walk past all the back endcaps. Plus, it helps you learn your store.

Thank you ill start doing that. It's just that I usually zone a certain aisle, I don't know if I'll have the time to wonder every department checking their clearance end caps. What do you mean learn my store? Like to get a feel for what gets put on clearance?

Yeah, that's just easiest. You can see on the price change workload during monday or sunday what the electronics firsts and furthers/finals will be but even then that might only give you a fraction of what's changing since there can be a bunch more that are just sitting on their current markdown. Just remember the rules concerning clearance purchasing.

Edit - Yeah, let me put Researchr's warning about that method. I do price change on occasionally so I would know about that but you really shouldn't toy with that.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's just easiest. You can see on the price change workload during monday or sunday what the electronics firsts and furthers/finals will be but even then that might only give you a fraction of what's changing since there can be a bunch more that are just sitting on their current markdown. Just remember the rules concerning clearance purchasing.

Please stay out of the price change workload menu. You can accidentally cause some damage. (Your name will show up on a report if you do anything in those menus.)

Xbox 360. It was a online return that went straight to 75% off. Got it with my TM discount, and RedCard..

The TomTom I noticed during my daily count, and grabbed when I saw the price drop.

Ohh I see.

Off the clock, item on the Salesfloor for 5 minutes, no hiding clearance in the back room, at least at my store.

What are the rules if you dont mind me asking? I'm guessing so long as i'm not clocked in.

As hardlinesmaster said, the guest have to have first dibs on it. So you can't directly buy it from the backroom or guest services and it needs to be on the floor for a certain time. I think it's 15 minutes, though stores will vary on that depending on how anal they are. If it's been sitting there for a while it's totally fair game.

Yes... item HAS to be on the sales floor. You CANNOT purchase it from a reshop carriage (can't be in a carriage at guest service, on the sales floor, at a checklane, etc.) It cannot be in the back room. The thinking is: the guests have to have the same chance to get it as you do. You have to be on a legit BREAK. It has to be a verifiable 15 minute break or a clocked out lunch, or off the clock completely. You can't just take a "quick break", run and buy it and go back to work. I've seen MULTIPLE team members get fired for **** like that. You CANNOT hide clearance merchandise... and if you see it hidden and are thinking about buying it, I'd consider UNhiding it and hoping someone wont buy it before you do. You never know if ANOTHER team member hid it... and then when you buy it they'll think you conspired with each other. These are allllll things I've seen people get canned for. Please, if you have any questions, ask! Also, remember that you ARE responsible for EVERYTHING in the team member handbook, which does outline the team member purchase guide.

Rule of Thumb: If you're not sure whether or not it's allowed, it's probably not allowed.

Also, remember that you ARE responsible for EVERYTHING in the team member handbook, which does outline the team member purchase guide.

I don't know if other stores do this, but my most recent paycheck had a sheet attached that listed the guidelines.

Shopping the Clearance is always Fun :D

Shoot, that's why we have guests coming in just wondering the endcaps in the store. Some guests I see once a week, i don't even bother asking them if I can help them find anything because I know what there are there for.

Yes... item HAS to be on the sales floor. You CANNOT purchase it from a reshop carriage (can't be in a carriage at guest service, on the sales floor, at a checklane, etc.) It cannot be in the back room. The thinking is: the guests have to have the same chance to get it as you do. You have to be on a legit BREAK. It has to be a verifiable 15 minute break or a clocked out lunch, or off the clock completely. You can't just take a "quick break", run and buy it and go back to work. I've seen MULTIPLE team members get fired for **** like that. You CANNOT hide clearance merchandise... and if you see it hidden and are thinking about buying it, I'd consider UNhiding it and hoping someone wont buy it before you do. You never know if ANOTHER team member hid it... and then when you buy it they'll think you conspired with each other. These are allllll things I've seen people get canned for. Please, if you have any questions, ask! Also, remember that you ARE responsible for EVERYTHING in the team member handbook, which does outline the team member purchase guide.

Had a girl at my old store who worked price change get in major trouble because she put a Missoni bike on clearance and went right up to Guest service and bought it. I got called to go to the AP office to sign a statement of what she did. I think she got coached after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back