Archived Checklanes Wait Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool.
I like how they figured out they needed more express lanes and built more.
It seems like we can tell Spot things for years and it wont happen.

Thank heaven for small favors...

When I shop I usually head straight for a Self-Check/U-Scan if they are available and a viable option...

That said, sometimes you just need those extra express lanes...

( I say, as the girl who used to run the Self-Checkout and get regularly harangued by customers asking/demanding that I ring them up myself. Come on, people-there's no shame in being in a hurry, having poor vision, or even necessarily being illiterate, and it's not the end of the world if you just don't feel like paying attention....that said, please seek out your friendly faces at the express lanes to cater to your particular shopping needs...Thank You! Goodnight! )

We don't call back up anymore. We get "There is no one to back up." Our lines run about 10 deep now.

Corporate just doesn't seem to care.

VIBE VIBE VIBE!!!!! No. I can't vibe when I'm covering the entire ****ing store from a checklane.

Is there a standard on which back up is called? I've only been at spot since Feb so I wasn't sure. It just seems like we get called up a lot to ring and wind up only ringing 1 guest. IMO I think they panic too much, I mean if there are no more than 2 guests in line, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to call a guest first page.

Backup is first come first serve. If a lot of backup is called, the GSTL/GSA should rotate who they call.

Is there a standard on which back up is called? I've only been at spot since Feb so I wasn't sure. It just seems like we get called up a lot to ring and wind up only ringing 1 guest. IMO I think they panic too much, I mean if there are no more than 2 guests in line, I wouldn't think it would be necessary to call a guest first page.

Back up is supposed to be called when 1+1 (one guest being checked and one guest waiting) is exceeded. But at my store the GSTL often will put the GSA on a lane to clear up the back up or if there are no minors and it's a small back up and I know that I have more cashiers due back from break/lunch, both of us will hop on a lane. I've been burned doing that before, but I'd still rather do that than call a back up. ;) At my store, the rule is that EVERYONE who is cashier trained should head up front if a back up is called. If every person who comes up takes one guest for five minutes, that's better than one person who comes up getting stuck for 30 minutes on a lane. Does this happen? Never. Well not until the LOD or the STL gets on the walkie with, "Hey I heard the call - where are you guys? Get up front now to help our guests." Then amazingly, TMs appear out of nowhere.

Yeah there aren't many people during the day at my old store.

The local walmart is crawling with associates on the sales floor though.

True, the walmart store does higher sales volume, but the super Target store I was at was still an AA volume store.

Not sure when Target will figure out how to actually run their stores properly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back