Archived CIHYFS at Other Stores

When visiting other Targets do you get asked CIHYFS?

• I rarely visit other stores.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I frequently get asked CIHYFS

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I rarely get asked CIHYFS

Votes: 37 88.1%
  • Other, please explain

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen several people post that they visit other Targets when they travel, as do I. It's not so much as I can't get enough of Target 'cause I work there. More so to see how it compares to my store. Often I'll see something new that we don't have. My question is when visiting do you get asked CIHYFS? My estimate is in the past 15-20 stores I visited I got asked that question twice. My companion and I would walk the entire store (as he is a TM also) and spend about an hour there. We weren't in Target uniform so they had no idea we were TMs, until we checked out and gave them our discount card.

My wife seems to get asked all the time but it's very rare that anyone CIHYFS to me. Don't know if its cause I look like I know where I'm going or if it's cause I'm always walking around staring up at the signs.

I have been to other stores around me & only asked twice. I did passed at least 10 tm's on the way.
Brownie points to the cashier at one store who did remember me from a prior trip. I do go into her lane every time, because She was cheerful & pleasant to everyone. Gtc to her!

I rarely get asked this, but as commiecorvus said, I think it's because I have the "look of knowledge". I hear people on my team ask it but not consistently.

As far as other retailers go, I hardly ever have anyone offer help.

It is rare that anyone asks me at others Targets or anywhere esle for that matter. Of course that is the way I prefer it. If I want something I will ask otherwise do not bother me.

I get asked, even at MY store! It's funny, when a couple of them ask me (younger ones), they get all embarrassed because they realize I work there, but am just out of "uniform". My husband thinks it's hilarious! Then again, I rarely get out of the pharmacy "bubble" so I'd say a majority of the TMs have no clue who I am~LOL!

Went to a visit a store that just opened near me, open maybe 2 weeks. I didn't get asked once. Bad thing is the store was crawling with team members, most of them not really doing much.

Daughter went a few days later and asked for help finding something and ended up having to call me to try and find it. She told me one team member went to "go look" and never came back, another team member just said I don't know and walked off. I sent her to the electronics boat, the only truly helpful person in the store. Found what she needed and left. GTC to unknown electronics guy!

Went to a visit a store that just opened near me, open maybe 2 weeks. I didn't get asked once. Bad thing is the store was crawling with team members, most of them not really doing much.

Daughter went a few days later and asked for help finding something and ended up having to call me to try and find it. She told me one team member went to "go look" and never came back, another team member just said I don't know and walked off. I sent her to the electronics boat, the only truly helpful person in the store. Found what she needed and left. GTC to unknown electronics guy!

I would grab a comment card on the way out of that store. Fill it out, send it in, & let mgt know what happened.

I get asked, even at MY store!

This happened to me recently. Now that we are overnights the store is still open when we first arrive. A TM asked me CIHYFS. I said no I work here, too, but thank you for asking.

Several years ago we visited a a store that had just opened a week or so before & had a similar experience. We wanted to know the price of an item but there was no bar code on it. I showed them how to key in the numbers on the PDA. I think they were totally shocked to have a guest help them. Of course we told them we work for Target, too.

Have you been back to this store since then? Perhaps they are reluctant to ask CIHYFS because they may not know the answer. Of course this doesn't help with driving sales which is what we are all about.

I rarely get asked (although on SOME occasions I have). Usually when I go into a Target people just say Hi! considering all the stores in my district have TMs, TLs, and ETLs that I have worked with at one point in time in my store so they all know me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back