Cleaning and Disinfecting: is your store doing this?

OMG we need to stop with the cleaning charade. Cleaning is not the problem. I'll say it a different way - CLEANING AIN'T DOING SHIT TO STOP THE SPREAD OF COVID.

You know what helps stop the spread of fucking Covid? Getting vaccinated AND WEARING FUCKING MASKS THE FUCKING RIGHT WAY, ALL THE FUCKING TIME. TMS AND GUESTS. It is what should be done and what needs to be done. If people don't like it, too fucking bad.

HOW DO PEOPLE NOT GET THIS?
Amen to this. Our store stopped enforcing masks a few weeks ago and we’ve had 6 cases in the last 10 days at my store.

And we actually do a real good job with cart cleaning.

Our store stopped enforcing masks a few weeks ago and we’ve had 6 cases in the last 10 days at my store.
Wow. Is your store back to requiring TMs to mask up?
As for the cleaning question, SCO surfaces are still given a cursory wipe between guests, but other than that, I don't see any cleaning going on. Which is fine really, because covid is primarily spread by air and not by way of surfaces. Although I did appreciate how much cleaner the tables were in the break room when everyone was cleaning their space before leaving.

As for the cleaning question, SCO surfaces are still given a cursory wipe between guests, but other than that, I don't see any cleaning going on. Which is fine really, because covid is primarily spread by air and not by way of surfaces. Although I did appreciate how much cleaner the tables were in the break room when everyone was cleaning their space before leaving.
Sorry, my sentence may have been confusing. We are in an state that still has an indoor mask mandate. All of our Target employees wear masks. We just stopped enforcing the mask mandate for customers coming in the doors.

We now have a lot of unmasked customers coming in. Can’t be sure if that is why so many team members have caught COVID as our infection rates are heading up in the metro region again.

We only got a couple months off from them. We quit the cart cleaning thank goodness, but we still have some scheduled under cleaning. She just does reshop though. We also quit cleaning at SCO. I feel like we should clean that every half hour or so. They get nasty! No one cleans in the breakroom.

Sorry, my sentence may have been confusing. We are in an state that still has an indoor mask mandate. All of our Target employees wear masks. We just stopped enforcing the mask mandate for customers coming in the doors.

We now have a lot of unmasked customers coming in. Can’t be sure if that is why so many team members have caught COVID as our infection rates are heading up in the metro region again.
Yeah, my state has an advisory about masking indoors but not a mandate. (Our governor and other officials caught a lot of flak for earlier masking mandates and there were large demonstrations, complete with openly carried long guns in the state capitol building. It was really a fun time /s/ but it's a no-win situation. Mandates would do no good here.)
Anyway, all that aside, we haven't been enforcing mask wearing for guests for many months now and I'd say probably 75% of guests don't wear them. Which is why I keep my distance and make sure I wear my mask properly.
If your store's TMs were to properly wear masks that fit well and have a pocket for an additional filter, I wonder if that would help. A lot of TMs at my store wear their masks under their noses and a lot of them are not careful about distancing. We've had two cases in the last week or so. I've given up saying anything unless one of them is within six feet of me.

but other than that, I don't see any cleaning going on.
Cleaners are typically scheduled for store disinfecting before the store opens, so most of you won't see the disinfecting happen. However, I start before the cleaner should so I do see them and we only have a scheduled cleaner twice a week. When they are there they absolutely follow the checklist on workbench, they just aren't there daily.

Back