Archived Cleaning the Popcorn Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys! I was just recently trained at another store for Target Cafe team leader. After coming back to my store, there are a lot of different routines that I was trained differently on. My main concern is the popcorn machine and how to properly clean it. Is it safe and necessary for us to unplug and remove the popcorn maker to take to our three compartment sinks? I was trained to keep the popcorn maker plugged and clean/rinse/sanitize everything. Any advice is appreciated.

Whoops, I also apologize. I should have posted this question in the I'm Lost section.

Last edited:
Sometimes we'll take our kettle apart for a "deep clean" but all other times we keep it plugged in & do the clean/rinse/sanitize removing the smaller pieces.

Ah, alrighty. I guess it's a good thing my team does it every night then. I know that kettle is heavy though! I'm not looking forward to picking that thing up.

But if you DO, make sure it's cooled down & keep a pair of silicone-lined mitts handy (req from domestics if you have to - they're worth it) to handle it with. And clear the path from popper to sink.

Gotcha. Good to know! What time do you usually shut it off? From what my team tells me, they turn it off an hour before close.

Also, another question, do you have a turbo chef oven? I wasn't trained at all with how to clean it. The store that I trained in had a pizza hut.

I wouldn't soak it under water.

Just follow your stores daily/weekly cleaning guide.

But generally, every night I start bagging up some spare bags of popcorn. Sweep out the excess popcorn. I take the grate and scoop to the back and wash it. Wash and sanitize the bottom and outside of the kettle and top. Clean the glass with the cleaner.

I washed out the popcorn kernel bin when it gets emptied and not too busy.

I can't remember if it was either every night or once a week, but I filled the kettle with water and used the kettle clean powder. Turn on the kettle motor and heat. I started that about 30-45 minutes before closing, the kettle clean only takes about 5-10 minutes. Let it cool then pour out the dirty water into a pitcher, and wiped the inside of the kettle.

I only took the kettle off just to clean the mounts. And hand washed and sanitized the kettle in a empty sink or on the mounts.

Awesome, thank you! I didn't even know we had kettle clean powder. I'll have to try and find that on the order guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back