Archived Closed on Easter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was backlash? Remember it doesn't count if it comes from TMs...
Other than TMs I recall reading articles that many shoppers were disgusted by it and weren't going to black friday on thanksgiving as not to support it. I overheard a few conversations while I was out over the course of a week before thanksgiving about the matter myself.

I don't...and the Hanukkah endcap sucked. I'd love to carry matzoh for holidays...and some macaroons....now I'm hungry.

We have serversl types of matzo, matzo ball soup, macroons and a few other things on it. I bought the soup because for a moment I forgot I was a disaster in the kitchen.

I almost went to the Jewish deli yesterday for kippered salmon, bagels and soup to go.

In Jersey they carry matzoh for the holidays but then it's Jew central there.
For Hanukkah they sent us four boxes of gelt and I'm thinking, right this is going to be by this afternoon.
Yep, and we kept getting people asking for the next month.
Ugh, don't remind me. I miss Jersey. Four years of college in a nice neighborhood spoiled me. Nothing beats kosher Chinese food....

Many stores were forced to close due to Blue Laws for Sundays and certain holidays. Now I think its just for appearances or to save payroll.

We got in a whole pallet of matzo last week.. 21 boxes, each box had 6 5lb units.

It was definitely a lot o' matzo

I'll show myself out.

Don't remind me.
I'm going to be eating the darned stuff for weeks.
You love it the first couple of days and after that ...

We have serversl types of matzo, matzo ball soup, macroons and a few other things on it. I bought the soup because for a moment I forgot I was a disaster in the kitchen.

I almost went to the Jewish deli yesterday for kippered salmon, bagels and soup to go.

Now you're making me hungry.
The one thing I seriously miss about Jersey is real bagel shops and kosher delis.

Last edited:
A Sunday off without having to request it off. Awesome. I haven't had a Sunday off since August of 2014.

We got in a whole pallet of matzo last week.. 21 boxes, each box had 6 5lb units.

It was definitely a lot o' matzo

I'll show myself out.
I wish my store carried Matzah for Passover. I have not even seen plates for napkins or anything Passover related but it is all easter everything. :/

Christmas and easter are days off because a large portion of the population is with families, no huge black friday specials to pull them away like during thanksgiving. When people start giving up easter and will shop say at places that are open it will end that holiday. That and Target would pay time and a half if they did.

I think target is the only store I can name that isn't open on easter. I make baskets and stuff because I like crafts haha, but I don't really do anything for easter, so I just look at it as a free Sunday.

I'm pretty sure my store has matzo and macaroons all year round. I'm 100% on the macaroons because I buy them sometimes (chocolate dipped. with the other baked AF stuff in p fresh). Every other grocery store always has matzo so I'm just assuming on that one. I'm in Jersey though, so I guess none of this is surprising.

If you're looking for products that are related to the Jewish faith/heritage, Target is definitely not best your bet. You are better off going to a Jewish grocery store or deli. It's all about the shopping demo when it comes to Target. I went to a Jewish deli last year and had an Israeli hot dog. Very good hot dog.

When it come to having Easter Sunday at Target off, I will take it. Minions in retail deserve at least one Sunday off a year. I think people are surprised the store is closed on Easter because compared to Thanksgiving and Christmas, Easter is a minor league holiday. Christmas and Thanksgiving are more commercialized and secularized. I know Easter has the bunny but it's still more of a faith based holiday than a commercialized one like Christmas is.

Yeaaa, the kosher section is really small in target and all the holiday specific stuff is crammed on that little endcap hidden in the back somewhere.

Look at how dead we are on New Year's Day and 4th of July. I am certain we would be just as dead on Easter if we were open. It's probably from just an old tradition that never changes, and they probably figured it wasn't worth the payroll to change to being open.

looks like we just have to ask for our holidays. seems a bit unfair but oh well.
At least my GSTL is good about approving my requests for off. I give plenty of notice and I even cover for other TMs on days they can not make it in.

I've worked for other retailers and we were always slammed on easter Sunday, especially in the late morning and early afternoon hours. As far as pay goes, easter is a religious holiday but not a national holiday, therefore it is not a day of overtime pay.

I'm very thankful we're closed on Easter, because of course that is my weekend to work. I'm not super religious, but my family time is VERY important to me. So I would hate to miss the big family reunion we have every Easter. That's the only day of the year I get to see a lot of the family that comes in for it.

as I looked to see if my request was approved for Passover it was not and I can understand with it being so busy why they would not but at least I was not up on the schedule for the Friday before Passover and I was not on the other days I need off. :)

as I looked to see if my request was approved for Passover it was not and I can understand with it being so busy why they would not but at least I was not up on the schedule for the Friday before Passover and I was not on the other days I need off. :)

How can they not approve Passover?
All you have to say is it's Passover and they have to give it to you!

What ever else they might have done, my store never quibbled about the holidays.
They gave me any holiday I asked for no questions asked.

How can they not approve Passover?
All you have to say is it's Passover and they have to give it to you!

What ever else they might have done, my store never quibbled about the holidays.
They gave me any holiday I asked for no questions asked.
I really do not know... I mean I gave MONTHS in advance notice. maybe it is because my GSTL was told not to approve any requests off for that week, but I do not know. if I had to work I would have been pretty mad.

I really do not know... I mean I gave MONTHS in advance notice. maybe it is because my GSTL was told not to approve any requests off for that week, but I do not know. if I had to work I would have been pretty mad.

If I wasn't given the days off, I'd be walking into the HR office and politely pointing out that I would not be there and they could figure out how they would be handling it.
If they wanted to argue about it they could talk to my rabbi.

If I wasn't given the days off, I'd be walking into the HR office and politely pointing out that I would not be there and they could figure out how they would be handling it.
If they wanted to argue about it they could talk to my rabbi.
I would have done the same thing after I cooled off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back