Archived Coaching for call outs

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is dumb and counts being 6 minutes late the same way they do an absence. So a lot of the kids who sleep through their alarms end up just calling out because they're already getting knocked for it. 🤷‍♀️
Well Target doesn’t need kids who think that little of responsibility that if they are five minutes late they just call out. It’s better to just get there late. They sound like they just don’t want to be there anyway (and shouldn’t).

If the punishment is the same, including the progression to firing and money is not an issue, why stay loyal to an employer who treats a late bus the same as a fun in the sun day? They want to treat it the same, then there's no real incentive to help them out by staying when receiving equal punishment. I sure as heck wouldn't.

Well Target doesn’t need kids who think that little of responsibility that if they are five minutes late they just call out. It’s better to just get there late. They sound like they just don’t want to be there anyway (and shouldn’t).
Target's the one that keeps hiring these kids, lol. The tradeoff for open availability because they live at home with no bills so no reason not to just call out.

But how can the rolling month TM be on a CA if their absences are falling within the set guidelines? That's the whole point of making those rules, right?

Anyway, I'll just say my first and only callout with Target happened after 5 years of working there and was for a non-illness related emergency. If they had called me into the office for it they just would have had me crying at their desk for an hour (and then quitting because no one is allowed to see me cry ok) so I'm glad they saw the bigger trend of my performance and knew it must have been for something important if I called out.

what i’m saying is the rolling month thing is less fair to team members who never call in. if this one team member calls in once a month every month, i’d coach them onto a CCA whereas the team member who rarely calls in would never get to that point.

Let’s just stop using the word coaching, because clearly that word enflames a lot of passion in people. It’s more of a conversation, and not necessarily a bad one.

The whole point of this is really just to keep the people who regularly have attendance issues on notice that their behavior will not be tolerated. Everyone needs to be held to the same standard, so it would be wrong to talk to one person, and not another person just because they don’t have regular attendance issues.

That being said, there are appropriate ways to handle conversations with those team members. Like I said, the point of documenting it is not to put shame on the team member. In fact, they never see it, so that takes care of that. It is purely used to track conversations between the leader and the team member. Leaders should only use it to track progress or regression with their teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back