Archived College stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodEar

Former team member
Is there still such a thing called college stores? If there is, is there a list that shows which stores are classified as college ones?

Is there still such a thing called college stores? If there is, is there a list that shows which stores are classified as college ones?
There's four levels of college, effected, freaky, super freaky, and mid effected. Your transition guide is likely catered to one of those two sub groups. There may have been an appendix...or listed on the adjacency.

We are classified as mid effected. I believe if you search on workbench super freaky btc is list the stores

My university did that as well right when classes started. They used yellow school buses to pick students up outside of the dorms and student apartments although any students could use the shuttle. If my memory is correct the Target closed a bit earlier and then was open late just for the students. So if they normally closed at 10pm, the store closed to 'regular' shoppers at 9pm but was open until midnight for students. I remember I forgot to bring hangers to college, but the line with students was completely ridulous (like at least twice as bad as black friday) so I gave up on buying a set of hanger and just took a few from a bunch of people on my floor so I could hang clothes. But after that students without a car didn't go to that Target because it was pretty difficult to get their using the city bus. I think the campus now has a super small Target near campus (like a Walgreens type Target).

The University by my old store would shuttle students to and from Target for a couple nights. It was freaky.

My store does this too. I've managed to not work those nights the last 2 years, but I know we were open an extra couple hours just for the college kids and they all got gift bags.

What is this designation? I saw it mentioned in the latest merch update but had never seen it prior.

I'm at a "Super Freaky" College store, the few days when our local college moves in we get destroyed... However, there is a store near me that is way beyond "Super Freaky" and they actually have to import Target Employee's in to help them during move in weekends.

The University by my old store would shuttle students to and from Target for a couple nights. It was freaky.
My university had that. The Saturday right before classes started (same weekend that freshman moved in), they'd shuttle students to the Super Target and have a big blow out party with free Easy Mac and travel size products. Plus, tons of great deals on BTS stuff. Target probably called it Freaky but I call it pretty freaky lol

Same here. Opening weekend at the local university is the only thing that comes close to Black Thursday/Friday.

My university had that. The Saturday right before classes started (same weekend that freshman moved in), they'd shuttle students to the Super Target and have a big blow out party with free Easy Mac and travel size products. Plus, tons of great deals on BTS stuff. Target probably called it Freaky but I call it pretty freaky lol

My store has tried the BTC event thing the last couple years. It's a travesty at best.

My store is Super Freaky, would be Ultra Freaky if we had more backroom space for merchandise. For our store, BTC is worse then Christmas and all of 4th quarter

Freaky here. It's a legit traffic jam in the entire BTS area and I have to actually take jacks, beds, and everything around the other side and can't even go near there anymore. That and there's always 3 employees there restocking.

What the hell?
We've done that at my store (super freaky) since I started working there, but sales are so and this year that my STL torpedoed it. Frankly it's not worth the payroll and shortage it causes, and the experienced TMs are happy that we aren't doing it this year. God help us though, our remodel starts that same week for E&E Innovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back