Archived Complaining about a fellow team member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So one of my coworkers is annoying, but I've let it slide since everyone else seems to like him. He has never finished a zone and whenever I zone with him I have to go through every single one of his aisles. He shows up late constantly and tries to top everyone's stories in the break room, even if he's not part of the conversation. While that makes me mad I would not go to an etl or hr over that. However there was a facebook post of a chat he had with a coworker, "Yo. Dude, get this: alli bailed on me on Sunday, I was so pissed.... I KNEW it was a bad idea expecting more from a black chick.." The team member he is talking about has never missed a shift, never called in, in the rare occasions she is late she is only late by 5-10 minutes, she picks up so many people's shifts, and is a close friend. If his joke was meant to be funny it was in poor taste and I'd rather not work with someone like that. What actions should I take?

well what he posted wasn't right but, it was facebook, not work and it's off the clock so i'd say leave it alone. i think employers need to butt out of the social networking posts unless ppl are putting out confidential info. he does sound like he needs some coaching on his zone or needs to be taught the proper way to zone...

Personally, I would keep my nose out of it... Mixing work, social, and personal issues together usually isn't any good. Trust me when I say that your leadership team knows how he performs at his job. He may not be fired or reprimanded like you think he deserves, but, in time his attitude will come to haunt him. If he ever wanted to promote within Target how long do you think it would take the leadership team to forget how marginal or inappropriate he was (assuming he is going to grow up at some point)?

it's a difficult situation because you don't want to caused trouble at work, but you also don't want to be doing all the work

I want to make sure I'm understanding. Are YOU Alli? The "black chick"? If so, absolutely bring it to HR. People are going to disagree with me, but that isn't acceptable at all.

yeah, they will figure it out in time, and in the meantime, just focus on what you can control, your performance at work =)

If you aren't the girl in question, don't bring it up. She should. Also, don't be friends with that person on Facebook or read their posts.

Personally, I would keep my nose out of it... Mixing work, social, and personal issues together usually isn't any good. Trust me when I say that your leadership team knows how he performs at his job. He may not be fired or reprimanded like you think he deserves, but, in time his attitude will come to haunt him. If he ever wanted to promote within Target how long do you think it would take the leadership team to forget how marginal or inappropriate he was (assuming he is going to grow up at some point)?

I agree with this entirely. Keep your nose out of the facebook thing. Treat your coworkers, even the annoying ones, with the same level of respect you would want them to give you.

As far as zoning goes, I would suggest talking to one of your TLs but leave names out of it. Say something to the effect of, "Hey TL, I noticed that some of my fellow TMs are having problems zoning. How can I help you to get our zoning to be more accurate?" That way, you're letting them you know that you've noticed the problem without directly mentioning the other TM's name.

I agree with this entirely. Keep your nose out of the facebook thing. Treat your coworkers, even the annoying ones, with the same level of respect you would want them to give you.

As far as zoning goes, I would suggest talking to one of your TLs but leave names out of it. Say something to the effect of, "Hey TL, I noticed that some of my fellow TMs are having problems zoning. How can I help you to get our zoning to be more accurate?" That way, you're letting them you know that you've noticed the problem without directly mentioning the other TM's name.

This. You definitely want to handle a situation like this in a professional manner.

Don't want to just pile on, you've gotten some very good advice here.
Facebook is a good place to stay away from and not to bring to work.
Stay professional and keep your distance from someone who is acting like a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back