Archived Compliance violation scheduled for only one break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I get in troubled for not taking a meal when i was scheduled for only one break or would the person who grid the lanes for the day would how does the lod know if a person is dangerously close to not taking a 30 minute break

Leadership - if logged into a MyDevice - should receive a warning that a TM is about to hit compliance.
If you were scheduled a shift & told you only had one break, it could fall on the TL or whoever did the breakout for your area.
It's usually up to the TM to look at their shift & see if they're due for a lunch (are you in a state that mandates a lunch before 5 or 6 hrs?) but it sounds like someone got sloppy with the grid.
If they call you on it, tell them that you were told/given one break only.
At the very least, someone else will also be held accountable.

Will I get in troubled for not taking a meal when i was scheduled for only one break or would the person who grid the lanes for the day would how does the lod know if a person is dangerously close to not taking a 30 minute break
Lods should get alerts, if they are working. If you are newer you'd not be held accountable. But after a few months my store would expect you to know you needed a lunch and to talk to your tl to schedule it.

I believe it is ultimately your own responsibility to watch out for your breaks/lunches. You are an adult, you can keep track of time, and you know the rules. If it's cutting it close, call your leader or LOD and let them know exactly when you need to take a lunch by.

That said, if you were kept from or not allowed to take your lunch on time, and hit compliance, then I would pre-emptively raise hell about it to the LOD or higher. Remember there is always someone higher up you can talk to.

I believe it is ultimately your own responsibility to watch out for your breaks/lunches. You are an adult, you can keep track of time, and you know the rules.

This. At my store it is a TMs responsibility to know how many breaks he/she should have. In my state if an adult TM works a six-hour shift, he/she is entitled to a meal break. Once I worked a 6-hour cashier shift and argued with my GSTL that I was entitled to that break. She said "oh you can leave 5 minutes early instead." Yeah, no.

HR actually yelled at me once because I thought I was out of compliance. I was on the floor and in the middle of helping a guest find something. She said I should never have started with the guest if I was getting that close to compliance. How do you explain to a guest that they'll have to ask somebody else for help? Calling for backup never works. It turned out that I had thought compliance was 5 hours when it was actually 6, so I was ok after all. But I thought her reaction was a bit extreme.

I believe it is ultimately your own responsibility to watch out for your breaks/lunches. You are an adult, you can keep track of time, and you know the rules. If it's cutting it close, call your leader or LOD and let them know exactly when you need to take a lunch by.

That said, if you were kept from or not allowed to take your lunch on time, and hit compliance, then I would pre-emptively raise hell about it to the LOD or higher. Remember there is always someone higher up you can talk to.
This would happen almost every day at the last store I worked at (not Target). I would be stuck at the door greeting people coming in and would have to constantly page for someone to cover for me to no avail. We weren't even a busy store, so I know someone in that store was free to do it. If I knew I was like five minutes away from hitting my 5th hour (which is the latest you can go in my state), I would actually just leave and clock out for my lunch. I had to do that on numerous occasions because my store and the leads were dumb and disorganised as f*** and never had anyone scheduled to cover me for half an hour. Needless to say, I got yelled at a lot for that. I asked my managers if they would rather me go over my 5th hour and be fined the $1000+ or whatever it is to greet or just schedule someone for that time? I quit like a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back