Archived Confused...ETLs or anybody have thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm an ETL that last Friday was told I was going to be transferred to a different store. Monday came along and I was told it was going to be a different store than the original one mentined. Now, they're telling me I'm not transferring at all! What does this all mean?

I was really excited to take on the challenge of a new store in a new position, but now I'm kinda bummed they took that opportunity away from me. Is it just the way it is? Has this ever happened to anyone?

Last year my store hired a new ETL, then she got transferred to another store, then transferred back to us 4 months later.

So just go with the flow and show your leaders that you are flexible and adaptable.

If you are not sure which store you are being transferred to, you should probably check with your STL and/or DTL.

What likely happened was the DTL said something along the lines of "Hey, I think we might need a positioned filled in X store by Y date. Maybe so-and-so would be a good fit!"

So the STL tells you its a definite transfer.

Then the DTL is like "Well, after looking at the current leadership team in the store, I think we have the opportunity to put somebody weaker in that store so that they can build themselves up, let's look at new ETL so-and-so instead"

Then a week later "Hey, I have this great candidate I got from the local university, we'll be putting them in that store by May if they pass all their interviews!"

So don't believe anything until you get the LOD schedule from your new STL

In my experience, it has nothing to do with you but changes to the other stores. It could be that another ETL in a different store out in their notice but then retracted it, or an ETL put in their notice or is being termed and they have to do two or three Etls moves to cover the position. I wouldn't take it personally. Talk to your STL and let them know you are excited to take on a new challenge and if there are any development opportunities in the store or district while you are waiting for your next position.

I know it's hard to hear one thing, then another, then have it all end with "never mind!" Like I said, it most likely has nothing to do with you personally. You should be proud that they thought of you for two different postions- it shows you are ready to take on a new position. Don't worry, your time will come!

Thanks guys! Your advice was helpful! I just wish they were more proactive rather then reactive to certain situations. But I guess that's retail for ya, or a lot of jobs in general. Toodles! ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back