Archived Confused new hardlines team member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @jobhelp. I'll do my best to answer your questions.
1. "Push" is freight coming directly from DC and used to fill your empty areas of your store. "Pull" or "Pulls" is freight coming directly from your Backrooms and or if your store has an offsite. (Additional holding area for more freight). It is used to fill empty areas of your store as well only difference is it is being pulled by other people within your store to replenish an area.
2.When you get there at the beginning of your shift, it is best to check with your trainer or your Leader for that day as to what they might have you do specifically. (You might work the carts as you mentioned or assist the flow team with push).
3.Use what vehicle is easier for you whether it is a 3 tier, shopping cart or a flat. Most use a shopping cart because it's easier to maneuver. No you don't have to take everything at once.
4.Whatever you can't finish before your shift ends, bring back to the place where you originally picked it up from or ask your trainer or leader where to leave your unfinished push. If you can, label it with a note or if your store has them a label clip marked PULLS. Clips are usually green or yellow so ask your trainer or leader where they are in your store.
5. Yes baby items and shampoo/lotion are a part of Hardlines. Softllines consists of clothing and things to wear like hats and shades.

I hope I answered your questions as best and simply as I could. Good luck and don't forget to follow up with your trainer. That's what their SUPPOSED to do. Help!!

Do not use shopping carts, also it is best practice to have as few “touches” as possible. Moving stuff from flats to carts and then carts to shelf takes time.

Alot of your questions are store specific. You should ask your immediate Leader or trainer for best answers.

Again, do not use shopping carts.

What planoss said about shopping carts--those are used last as they should be available for guests if at all possible.

Baby products are softlines at my store, so you need to ask your store who is responsible for those.

As Him said, the big thing is asking your TL or LOD, whoever is in charge of giving TMs their instructions for the day, as they'll tell you what your tasks are for the day.

All of these questions can and should be asked of your leaders--they should be happy to answer these type of questions from a new TM. It's their job. If they bitch about, they're assholes, and when you go to ask someone else make sure to mention "I tried asking TL these questions but they weren't able to help me..." or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back