Archived confused on the $500 targets giving back to tms for insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi can anyone explain more about the 500.00 that they said they are giving back for insurance i am considered part time and i no longer will be getting insurance from target. they sent me a letter and it said something about 500 but was no clear on it are they giving that to tms who no longer have insurance through target?

The letter I got said there would be more communication in a couple weeks regarding the $500

They are supposed to have a counselor help you get insurance that is comparable to what you lost when Spot dumped you off the part time insurance.
The counselor should be able to answer any questions you might have.
Don't let them get away without A) answering any questions you have (write them up ahead of time) B) that they get you the insurance you need, no excuses.
Use your $500 to get insurance, not catch up on your bills, no matter how tempting that might be.
It's the counselors job to get you insurance make sure they do it.

From my contacts, they said Target will be giving out $500 (maybe by Visa giftcards or checks). Target may assist in finding something similiar to Targets insurance But don't look forward at Target giving any further assistance.

i already went and got health insurance i dont make much at spot anymore because our store cut hours like crazy that i qualify for low income in my state.

so reqardless i will still get my 500 i assume?

Yes you should still get the 500.00. Anyone that was dropped would get the 500 regardless if you already got it on your own, its to help offset your cost a bit basically. Now I still wouldnt go tell them you already got your own.
From the information our HR told us it is supposed to show up on a paycheck, Target is paying the taxes on it, so your check will be a tad funny looking.

For those of you who are still wondering when they will be getting their $500, I received a letter from my HR today about it. The letter states that the check will be mailed to the people who receive a paper check on February 13th. For those of us who have direct deposit we will receive the payment via direct deposit on February 14th. The letter goes on to state that all taxes associated with this payment will be paid for by target and any deductions you would normally have out of your paycheck, other than wage garnishment things, will not take place. So unless you have a wage garnishment (i.e. child support, tax levies, etc.) you will be receiving a full $500.

Thanks for the information Idb5011.

And welcome to The Break Room.

For those of you who are still wondering when they will be getting their $500, I received a letter from my HR today about it. The letter states that the check will be mailed to the people who receive a paper check on February 13th. For those of us who have direct deposit we will receive the payment via direct deposit on February 14th. The letter goes on to state that all taxes associated with this payment will be paid for by target and any deductions you would normally have out of your paycheck, other than wage garnishment things, will not take place. So unless you have a wage garnishment (i.e. child support, tax levies, etc.) you will be receiving a full $500.
I got the same letter today.

I really hope this is all true, I never got a letter but I am considered part-time and had insurance through Target. This would help tremendously.

Did anyone else get a letter? I asked hr but they were very unhelpful but I really want to know if I get the $500 tomorrow or the next pay cycle. I tried calling pay and benefits but couldn't get anyone on the line.

Yes, I received this letter few days ago.
2e37j8n.jpg

Thanks sandy! I called tmsc and confirmed that I will also be getting the payout via direct deposit tomorrow. It's a nice relief to finally know instead of the "I don't know" answers from hr.

I enrolled last week but just checked now and saw that I didn't complete the process. I had trouble with the last step (the one with the pop-up. It popped up but wasn't loading anything) so I thought I did already. I have a message saying I need to open an HSA account to start saving money by calling an 800 number. Can I still call that number on Mon? If I'm not enrolled, will I still get that $500?

Thanks, Target Annie.

Another question, HR won't know if I am enrolled or not, right? 'Cause my HR had reminded me several times for the past two weeks and I kept telling them that I was already done. I'd hate to disappoint my HRTL 'cause I really like her.

Thanks, Target Annie.

Another question, HR won't know if I am enrolled or not, right? 'Cause my HR had reminded me several times for the past two weeks and I kept telling them that I was already done. I'd hate to disappoint my HRTL 'cause I really like her.
Go to targetpayandbenefits.com to confirm your status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back