Archived Considering calling the hotline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a situation with bullying and being pressured to not take my breaks so I ask hr to take me out of the work center and I think that is that and I won't work there on the two weeks out schedule. HR tells the other Etls as expected. I call out the next day because I couldn't deal with it. Show up the next day and I get "whos causing your problems?" From a team member. Pry and find out the TL told her about it. I'm obviously now embarrassed, angry and hurt because I thought it would only be etls knowing. The tl used to be hr and knows better than to talk about it to a team member. Should I call the hotline because now an awkward place to work is now unbearable because of that team lead/hr. Hr seems to just want the situation to go away and just wants to hide me at starbucks.

I got your back on deleting the other post.

It's hard to say if calling thr hotline would help without knowing the specifics. But your store definitely has a lot of loose lips.

If I give more details it would give it away. It was the team lead for that department that was spreading it around I guess.

I would say go ahead and call. We had a team lead who did the same thing she was a terrible gossip. I never did anything about it and later she was transferred to another store as an HRTL. I can only imagine the damage she's doing. Wish I'd said something.

I'm not an advocate for calling the hotline but since you don't have a third party on your side I think calling would be acceptable. A lot of stores have loose lips!

I'm not usually a fan of calling but someone has to clamp down on the this and it doesn't sound like anyone in the store is going to do it.
The problem I see is that since they are so unprofessional there may very well be more blow back towards you.

I was having a situation with bullying and being pressured to not take my breaks so I ask hr to take me out of the work center and I think that is that and I won't work there on the two weeks out schedule. HR tells the other Etls as expected. I call out the next day because I couldn't deal with it. Show up the next day and I get "whos causing your problems?" From a team member. Pry and find out the TL told her about it. I'm obviously now embarrassed, angry and hurt because I thought it would only be etls knowing. The tl used to be hr and knows better than to talk about it to a team member. Should I call the hotline because now an awkward place to work is now unbearable because of that team lead/hr. Hr seems to just want the situation to go away and just wants to hide me at starbucks.

Taking your breaks is not an OPTION. You are LEGALLY entitled to breaks. And bullying is also a big no-no (at least that's the official & legal policy!)

If you are being pressured to "skip breaks" then this should definitely be brought to the attention of the integrity hotline. You shouldn't be the victim here - the management should be in the hot seat, not you.

Taking your breaks is not an OPTION. You are LEGALLY entitled to breaks. And bullying is also a big no-no (at least that's the official & legal policy!)

If you are being pressured to "skip breaks" then this should definitely be brought to the attention of the integrity hotline. You shouldn't be the victim here - the management should be in the hot seat, not you.

Uhh, legally most people are in fact not entitled to breaks.

Target's policy is to give people breaks, but very few locales legally require employees get breaks unless they are minors.

At out store all normal TM's take their breaks, but most TL and above skip breaks regularly. GSA's often skip theirs as well.

I feel bad for you that you are going through this. I would call the hotline. What you say to a TL , etl, shouldn't be broadcasted to the entire store. Spot is suppose to have an open door policy where you can feel free and confident to express your concerns and issues....however, it should be renamed the open mouth policy.

I always get scared calling the hotline. I have wanted to call it on several occasions on a certain ETL but I just know it'll come around I just know it. I'd go to the HR but again that will go around too...... Nothing is really safe IMHO ( at least at my store) I hope things work out for you though that is totally unacceptable.

I feel for you. I've been dealing with passive aggressive crap from a fellow tm in my work center. Torn up notes not for them, broken pencils, talking crap under their breath but not actually taking to me. All day. Talked to my tl and etl. Still happening, so now escalating to the etl-hr and stl. I don't feel safe working with someone who breaks store property and swears over little things that don't go their way. If that doesn't work I will be calling the hotline and a lawyer friend.

I'm tired of spot not instilling respect in the tms. Or requiring it from everyone. How hard is it to not swear? Or pick up your dang cardboard, not leave it there from two different orders?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back