Archived Consumables/Market/Grocery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is not that bad!

From a former CTL...

Everyone is always complaining about this area but it doesn't have to be that bad people! Own your area that's what your there for some things are true like it doesn't get as much attention as other areas but I believe that's because the other leaders and what not don't fully understand the department

Also keep vendors in line when they're in the store you are they're boss they don't listen to you then do something about it score em on the scorecard start a coaching plan and stay on top of the people above them they're bosses and trust me they'll either whip themselves into shape or be replaced with someone who can

More advice or questions let me know

So yeah, I'm gonna have to disagree with you. Consumables TL was great for a GM store. For PFresh, there is way too much to do and not enough hours. And a I have good relationships with my vendors. They know what I expect and they know what will keep them in the green. With PFresh though, there's always too much going on, I don't get the payroll I should be getting, I had to beg just to get 15 additional hours, I get no support from the exec team or other leaders in my store, my PAs feel overworked, I spend most of my time in perishables over dry or pets. My STL doesn't understand that one person cannot effectively run market by themselves. Which is all the payroll she gives me.

Last edited:
You have pfresh, dry market and pets? I wish! I have seasonal, mini, domestics, all of home (decor, storage, improvement, furniture) on top of being a CTL. and I am NOT an ULV store. You need to be able to delegate, follow up, get support from the ETLs, and have a peer support you when 80 SPLs drop during transitions.

CTL is very different store to store, with all the different variables. I am Sr. TL and CTL and balancing 2 LOD days( my store has no mid) with all of the responsibilities of a Pfresh CTL can get challenging. I'm lower volume so I get almost no hours and still struggle while being all over my team routines and my vendors. My exec team don't seem to focus on consumables much and even though I know it's also our jobs to get buy-in there is only so much I can do between sending emails, walking with them, and having firm expectations. Anyhow I'm about to going through ETL interviews and get the chance to give myself over to target on yet another level.

I'm a CTL at a A+ PFresh store, sales in Pfresh/dry generate over 40% of my stores sales.Thank god I have an awesome market team.I was lucky to have 2 awesome PAs in place and was able to hand pick the rest of the market team. What helps for me is having rock solid routines.Vendors are in check thanks to receiving tm who gives me feedback to rate vendors, I have an awesome ETL who pretty much lets me run the show, my STL is a foodie so believe me I get what I need, I call out leaders who fail to walk PFresh @ 9/4.I agree its a lot of work with the TLOD shifts, I've learned to pick my battles and partner with tm's and leaders who can offer me the best partnerships.

We are B+ and I do 35% at my store. I have 1 PA and am fighting for another to replace me when I'm gone. My sales are maturing quickly as we have only been open for 3 years. I have to say my receiver does a great job at my store always partnering with vendors when I cant. You are absolutely right and I have to do a better job of demonstrating courage and holding my peer LODs accountable. Luckily we just got new ETL AP and HR so I have opportunity to somewhat start those relationships from new.

Defiantly challenge your peers.....Hold them accountable when they fail to walk PFresh at 9/4 or when they fail to intimal cleaning log. I send out a weekly market email basically to let others know what's going on in market, and at the top is which LODs failed to walk PFresh its all tied into food safety so it gets everyone's attention..

I'm a PA and have been constantly asked to ask for the LODs to walk PFresh. Of course, I forget probably 80% of the time as I always have 5 things to do at once, let alone making sure my managers are doing their job. I should probably pitch your weekly e-mail to my CTL. As I want them to walk PFresh as the more eyes the better.

I have also been asked to fill out the PFresh walk myself, which makes no sense to me at all.

Partner with your CTL to get out an email to the ETLs.... THEY are responsible to walk PFresh at 9/4. not the PAs...Don't let them add more work to your day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back