Cosmetics reset

Does anyone know if they are sending cosmetic back panels kits for the new brands? Or does each store have to order them? Ex: M2, color pop, kids pog is moving into cosmetic fixtures.

For us, those brands moved into sections that already had the back panels with other established brands reducing space to make room.

If your store ends up having to order, keep in mind they aren't orderable as a kit, so each piece needed will be separate. For a 4ft section you will need: 4 back panels, 1 light/power box, 1 header/signholder, and 5 white straight bars. Searchable in GoCart using "transcend beauty."

Notice we are allowed to audit inventory even though the item was in today's/yesterdays truck. Too late to fix now.

Notice we are allowed to audit inventory even though the item was in today's/yesterdays truck. Too late to fix now.

We're in the predicament of having had multiple pallets of beauty from the summer/fall that hadn't/haven't been worked and yet as a whole, the store kept completing Inventory Audit as if we didn't (got to keep those metrics green!) so now we have excessive inventory- like an entire repack of ONE type of mascara. Backstock for beauty is beyond fucked up.

How did everyone's set go? What would you like improved for next year?

We finished setting on time, but we didn't quite get as much auditing done as I would have liked due to beauty not being able to push their truck on time. I loved the new Colourpop set, it's nice. I wished they sent more carrier trays like every year but we manage. I feel like the fixture they do send is usually one's we don't need. Besides signing going reverse on some POGs I'm glad that they are getting better at sending all the ISM even though some are late at times. Actually scratch that, they don't always send new black headers for brands that are moving or going away.

Every transition . At least at my store. Sd very involved in it

We just started having to do them again. I laughed when I found out, however for a set like Cosmetics I can see the benefits when so many pogs have fixtures that need to be ordered. Overall though......waste of time. Things change too fast in a store for the time spent on those to matter much.

Even when we completed them pre-Modernization with the old school Plano team in place, it never felt worthwhile.

We don't do them for every transition but it definitely helps for cosmetics in order to keep track of fixtures that are needed and where.

Our big problem is that stuff takes so long to arrive that it's pointless ordering it. By the time it shows up, nobody is going to remember what it was needed for and it ends up just getting tossed.

See that's where the old Signing TM used to come in: I ordered what was needed (and even helped with setting so knew exactly where they were needed) and then when it came in I'd follow up with placing the missing pieces in their spot since I was the one who sorted the pallet when they came in. It was very efficient.

Our big problem is that stuff takes so long to arrive that it's pointless ordering it. By the time it shows up, nobody is going to remember what it was needed for and it ends up just getting tossed.

I make it a habit to order cosmetics fixtures right after the transition because you know what parts your short of. It may take 3-6 months to get here, then another 6+ months storing it in the fixture room, but at least I know I'm more prepared for next cosmetics reset.

I implore all stores that were affected by incorrect spacing, dropped/missing UPC's or incorrect reverse settings to reach out via the ChatBot so we can get a proper count on how many stores were affected (Although glacing at some of the PDF files looks like it may be all...)

Did verify over the weekend that at brand changes during the middle of a run it would inadvertently reverse the locations thinking it was a different side of the valley even though the flag was set for a single run of standard. Again, please send up a request so we can get more eyes on it higher up.

I implore all stores that were affected by incorrect spacing, dropped/missing UPC's or incorrect reverse settings to reach out via the ChatBot so we can get a proper count on how many stores were affected (Although glacing at some of the PDF files looks like it may be all...)

Did verify over the weekend that at brand changes during the middle of a run it would inadvertently reverse the locations thinking it was a different side of the valley even though the flag was set for a single run of standard. Again, please send up a request so we can get more eyes on it higher up.

Looks like there's already a communication on that. They want us to copy the image on POG. Then they will give us a revision in March to fix it. What a big headache.

Last edited:

The list of stores affected seem to miss the issue with Gen Market POG for skincare. Our sets reverse, but the schematic on the strips are showing standard left to right (on reverse side) but no need to flip products to match branding.

Looks like there's already a communication on that. They want us to copy the image on POG. Then they will give us a revision in March to fix it. What a big headache.

I visited SigningLady's store. It's more than what the original communication covers and it's also being discussed amongst the engineers in ESS who oversee the algorithms directly. (Shout-out to her for the assist)

I visited SigningLady's store. It's more than what the original communication covers and it's also being discussed amongst the engineers in ESS who oversee the algorithms directly. (Shout-out to her for the assist)

Thanks Sarakiel and signinglady! I also want to note that I didn't receive the Natural skincare strips and when printing the batch labels it came in regular size labels instead of cosmetics.

Our Maybelline said it was a revision that would take 0 minutes and the pog showed just a couple items that had a label change, so I assumed it was just moving some items over to fill empty spots or something. Nope! It was a whole ass transition that they didn't send the labels for, but they did send EVERY POSSIBLE sign for. Like three different sets of Transcend and a set of Beauty Blowout ones. I had to scan eeeeeverything to see if we needed it or not, and just figure out how it was all moving myself. Still missing one bullnose and a shipper tray. What a nightmare.

Our Maybelline said it was a revision that would take 0 minutes and the pog showed just a couple items that had a label change, so I assumed it was just moving some items over to fill empty spots or something. Nope! It was a whole ass transition that they didn't send the labels for, but they did send EVERY POSSIBLE sign for. Like three different sets of Transcend and a set of Beauty Blowout ones. I had to scan eeeeeverything to see if we needed it or not, and just figure out how it was all moving myself. Still missing one bullnose and a shipper tray. What a nightmare.

Hmm... Why did you get a revision a week after transition.

Unrelated to cosmetics, but is it intentional that POG names are being truncated on the ends of label strips? For example, the Active Play POGs in this week's Sporting Goods set all say "ACTIVE PLAY" on the end of the label strip, rather than having the full title, just cut off for space, like they used to.

Back