Archived Couple of AP related questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Needles

Boat captain
So first off, ive been with target for about a year and a half manning the boat. there's both TPS and APS available at another store, and I'm thinking of applying. Right now I'm in electronics and while I'm noohing official, I help my AP team A LOT. I'm very intimidating looking (buff bald and bearded) and they basically send me to "guest service the crap" out of potential theives so they don't try anything. I don't have any official law enforcement or security training.

Basically my questions are:

1) APS would be my most desirable position, how likely would it be to get that coming from already being a team member?

2) to transfer to a different store, would there be any special conversations I would have to have first?

3) if I do get APS what are the certifications like?

APS is considered a "team lead" role at Target . You would have to go though team lead interviews. FOR TPS you would just transfer.

APS is considered a "team lead" role at Target . You would have to go though team lead interviews. FOR TPS you would just transfer.
I'm pretty sure that TPS' have the team lead interviews also.
As for getting hired as an APS, I wouldn't count on it, but still go for it. It seems to me that AP tends to hire APS's externally or from proven TPS's. I haven't heard of a non-AP team member being hired/promoted to APS.

It's really going to depend on your store's leadership. I definitely know someone that went from a different workcenter to APS. It's possible, but probably only in certain circumstances.

It's really going to depend on your store's leadership. I definitely know someone that went from a different workcenter to APS. It's possible, but probably only in certain circumstances.
My APS was in the BR first but imo most APSs are promoted TPSs but asants

It does not necessarily hurt or help you already being a team member. It all depends how your store views you. As far as going straight to APS that all depends on the APBP & ETL AP. Some of them want their APS to have prior experience as a TPS although this is starting to change with the elimination of the Sr. TPS position.

Transferring to another store as APS or TPS usually just means a meet and greet with STL & ETL AP if you have already been approved by your APBP. If you haven't been approved by APBP the interviews will most likely start at that store.

You will get NVI training whether you get TPS or APS. If you are APS you will get further training on how to do surveillance on someone & ensure you can follow all the steps necessary to apprehend someone. Once your ETL AP feels you can do this your APBP or investigator will come and certify you to make stops. This is essentially a mock run of you following someone usually on the AP team around the store while they select items and possibly conceal and you making the stop.

Our current TPS is a former electronics TM. He also helped AP a lot as a TM and him and the AP ETL had a good working relationship.

Pretty much every APS I know started as a TPS.

I promoted from TPS to APS pretty quickly. Right timing I guess. But I know guys that were a TPS for 4-5 years before a opportunity at APS came by. It's a popular position in AP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back