Archived Couple questions about Sales Floor, Pulls, and Backroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, I've been working in Electronics for 3 months now, and want to get into Sales Floor. A LoD told me, since I know how to zone and reshop I can work sales floor. Only problem, what the hell do you do in Sales Floor? Just zone/reshop/help guests?

Also, since I work in electronics, I get asked to see if we have anything in stock in the backroom, how can I go about getting cross-trained to pull items from the backroom? I'm 19, so I think it's just a problem of me getting trained to do so. I'd talk to my LoD, but I don't work again for another week.

Last question, I see team members coming from the backroom with pulls every so often, how can I start doing that? Because honestly, I'd rather do pulls all day, instead of working Electronics/Toys on a weekend.

-Thanks

your age isnt a problem to be trained in the backroom, i was 18 when i started backroom, just ask your ETL LOG or backroom TL to train you how to pull/bacstock. for sales floor, idk about soft lines at all, but for hardlines, all you do is pretty much push CAFs (those are the vehicles that you see people coming out of the backroom with) and they will do re shop inbetween CAFs, and after the CAFs they will zone and do more re shop, they also cover breaks for electronics, and they will go for backup at guest service when they are needed.

1. Salesfloor: In basics, Salesfloor is just zoning, gather reshop, take guest calls, and help guests. Certain areas can usually take more time to zone to detail and planogram than others. Its just a constant process of straightening and pulling all items to the front and gather reshop.

If you are working Electronics already, then you are basically already doing salesfloor, you just probably have more interaction with guests at the electronics boat. Being Electronics, you should be able to zone the immediate areas to Electronics.

There are also some random projects the floor TMs get assigned. Setup endcaps, condense/expand clearance caps, signing, raincheck setup, keep sale item locations filled.

2. Depending on your store's backroom operations and you are already in Electronics, it is recommend that you know how to pull items from the backroom. With Electronics, a lot of movies, TVs and hot items might only have locations in the backroom. If the backroom TM is not there, then it falls to the Electronics TM to pull the item.

You will have to get with your ETL-Logistics or Backroom TL about training for the backroom. Some of the functions are easy to learn, but they are easy to screw up.

3. Those TMs are usually flow or salesfloor TMs working pushes that backroom has setup. Usually when you are working salesfloor or electronics, you almost always want to check the backroom for any flats or tubs with items being pushed to the floor.

It sounds like you are looking into getting into backroom. Its very fast paced, pulling and pushing merchandise to the floor, scan in backstock...you will be scored by your productivity and time. You will just need to ask your leadership for training.

Last edited:
I learned backroom stuff on the fly, I never really had any formal training on it. The only formal training I had was getting certified to use the wave. Everything else like pulling, backstocking, etc... I learned from either the Team Trainers that were there at the time, or from my TL. Now if I ever wanted to take a backroom shift, then I would have to get formal cross training, but it would be like very for me to do so since I know a lot of it already.

To the OP, you said you have been in Electronics for 3 months? Your Team Trainer should have taught you the basics for backroom or had somebody from there partner with you, as it is now apart of the learning guide for Electronics TM.

2. Depending on your store's backroom operations and you are already in Electronics, it is recommend that you know how to pull items from the backroom. With Electronics, a lot of movies, TVs and hot items might only have locations in the backroom. If the backroom TM is not there, then it falls to the Electronics TM to pull the item.

You will have to get with your ETL-Logistics or Backroom TL about training for the backroom. Some of the functions are easy to learn, but they are easy to screw up.

To the OP, you said you have been in Electronics for 3 months? Your Team Trainer should have taught you the basics for backroom or had somebody from there partner with you, as it is now apart of the learning guide for Electronics TM.

What they said. If you're in Electronics, you should be backroom-certified so you can pull items for guests that are not on the sales floor (i.e. TVs).

Last question, I see team members coming from the backroom with pulls every so often, how can I start doing that? Because honestly, I'd rather do pulls all day, instead of working Electronics/Toys on a weekend.

Those could be regular salesfloor team members: softlines, hardlines, grocery, electronics, etc.

At my store we have CAF pushers and they push all those CAFs on their own. I like pushing CAFs, so I'll usually grab a few and help them out. You can talk to whoever is in charge of scheduling CAF pushers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back