Archived coupon policy change

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 5 years at target ,you still call our guests ,customers ....

I didn't catch that. Must be slipping:pardon:. I have noticed that our guests who come in with the binders full of coupons have dropped in numbers lately.

We have a coupon-pro (with binder) who knows the policy & always pulls her coupons as the cashier is ringing the items up. She even gave some coupons to a lady behind her who asked about couponing.
She's one of my favorites & is quick to dispel the notion that all couponers are crooks while admitting that many DO attempt scams. She's told me of good deals at other stores & I point her toward the good clearance endcaps.
If all my couponers were like her, they wouldn't have a bad reputation.

We have a coupon-pro (with binder) who knows the policy & always pulls her coupons as the cashier is ringing the items up. She even gave some coupons to a lady behind her who asked about couponing.
She's one of my favorites & is quick to dispel the notion that all couponers are crooks while admitting that many DO attempt scams. She's told me of good deals at other stores & I point her toward the good clearance endcaps.
If all my couponers were like her, they wouldn't have a bad reputation.

It's a few crooks that give the many couponers like her a bad name.

I noticed 2 things about her....1) she supposedly started working at 16, but to support herself through college (she started college at 16?), but found that the pay just wasn't that good (so why stay 5 years?)? Doesn't add up... & 2) her grammar is HORRIBLE!!! If she's graduating college, she needs to get her $$ back for the tuition she paid for her English classes!

I had a good one the other day...a woman tried to use an expired Catalina coupon that she said JUST printed out. She started to get belligerent when I told her it was expired and I couldn't accept it because she SWORE she had "JUST gotten it at Customer Service" and "she can't believe we print EXPIRED coupons!" This thing was crumpled up like it had been thrown away and dug out of the garbage somewhere and she pulled it out of a bag with about 5 other receipts and coupons which were ALL were expired! I explained to her that those don't print out at GUEST Services and she shut up~lol!

If the copupon is for a same item name but different item do we accept it.

Same item name? As in brand or type?
If it's for Crest whitening strips ($5 off) & they're buying Crest toothpaste ($4.95), it can't be used.
If it's for Tide detergent ($2 off) & they're buying the .99 trial size, it can't be used.

GSTL or STL can say to do so I suppose for Target coupons if they really wish. Manufacturer coupons though it's fraud. The manufacturer will be reimbursing Target for items it did not sell.

Target got more money then they need.

Very true, and they got it off the sweat off their workers who they pay horribly and treat increasingly worse.
Now, do you think the solution to that is letting customers, usually ones who are trying to scam the company, use coupons they obviously shouldn't be able to use?
Or maybe a better option would be organizing your coworkers and striking for better pay and health insurance.
That would actually make a difference.

Coupon policy? What coupon policy! We are to VIBE with the guest for up to $20 an item. K1 EVERYTHING!

I had a case today of a woman and her boyfriend with four each of printed out manufacturer coupons that did not scan for a free item with no purchase requirement. She demanded the STORE MANAGER so I called the LOD who chewed me out for not VIBEing.

When I'm in Electronics, it's Discount Days at Target. I don't even look for signs anymore. As long as the difference is under $20, I just change it to whatever they say it "should be". LODs will just tell me to change it anyway, so I don't even ask or bring it up. That K1 button gets a workout.

If it the right copupon name but different item it should be ok.

I don't understand what you mean by right coupon 'name' vs different item.
Give an example please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back