Archived Coupon Returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, apparently that doesn't work anymore. Now, if the "guest" calls the hotline, we have to attempt the return.

Believe it or not, if AP declines the return, it overthrows any decision rather it be LOD, or Corporate. Additionally, Electronic Tooth Brush heads are a high theft item.

I personally would have just written up a trespass notice, than they can't even walk into your store ever again. Well, they could, but they'd be arrested.

I wasn't there. And all four people (the GSTM, GSA, LOD, and AP) were seriously pissed about this. Honestly, I am sort of curious what would have happened if the LOD or AP had told the guest relations person we simply weren't going to do it. It's not like the guest relations person can do much but make a note of it and contact the STL or DTL about it later. But at that point, we need to know the DTL's stance because if the DTL gets on the STL's case, then we would get in trouble for not doing what guest relations says.

From what the SrGSTL told me, corporate is bending over backwards to make people happy after their hacking nightmare.

What a friggin' nightmare.

I wonder what would happen, if you told the GS person, that you think the Guest has the wrong store? ;) We haven't had any walk up to GS in over an hour.

I'm joking of course, but, I wonder if it'd quiet them in a similar situation.

I wasn't there. And all four people (the GSTM, GSA, LOD, and AP) were seriously pissed about this. Honestly, I am sort of curious what would have happened if the LOD or AP had told the guest relations person we simply weren't going to do it. It's not like the guest relations person can do much but make a note of it and contact the STL or DTL about it later. But at that point, we need to know the DTL's stance because if the DTL gets on the STL's case, then we would get in trouble for not doing what guest relations says.

From what the SrGSTL told me, corporate is bending over backwards to make people happy after their hacking nightmare.

What a friggin' nightmare.

Makes a little bit of sense I suppose. Walmart has gotten negative news headlines for refusal to do returns and other things of the like (some I feel may have been justified refusals...), so I can see why they're bending over backwards from a PR standpoint.

We've had people try and bring stuff back at pharmacy that GS refused to return, saying they told them they "had to bring it back to pharmacy since it was purchased at pharmacy". Fortunately, we're smart enough back there to know that we don't do returns at pharmacy unless it's PSE or a price adjustment on a prescription. When we told them we'd have to call GS to verify, they told us to "just forget about it, they'd just call the hotline and report us" and stomped off.....mmmmkay, you go right ahead there, buddy ;)

I was cashiering at pharmacy when a guy was trying to return a $60 glucose meter without a receipt. Pharmacist said not without a receipt even as he argued with her. After he left, she said there had been a bunch of fraudulent printed coupons for a certain meter & the manf had sent out notices that stores would NOT be reimbursed for them.

I was cashiering at pharmacy when a guy was trying to return a $60 glucose meter without a receipt. Pharmacist said not without a receipt even as he argued with her. After he left, she said there had been a bunch of fraudulent printed coupons for a certain meter & the manf had sent out notices that stores would NOT be reimbursed for them.

I remember you posting that, a while ago. Can't remember when. :(

Here is the redeye's quote from 2011:
I remember when Lifestyle had to send out an alert for a bogus coupon for a glucose meter. It was for a "free" one up to $69. The guest would then turn around & return them the next day (getting the full refund), claiming "it was the wrong type".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back