COVID-19 COVID-19 aftermath: will Black Friday and Thanksgiving "doorbuster" crowd sales be changed?

christmas-cancelled-due.jpg

And the lines outside the store because of headcount limits likely to still be in place. 🤯

Nope. Every time they look at the app, it will give some number in the 200s and then the app will mysteriously reset. Meanwhile, it will look like every other black friday. I sure hope Target mandates a human counter for that day because targets counting app sucks.

It'd be fine with me if Black Friday went away this year and forever after. I can see SFS and OPU going through the roof, with the regular increase we see at that time of year + what we had a couple months ago when we were on lockdown.

As long as they don’t have DUs available ON Thanksgiving Day itself...leave it Target to figure out how to still ruin TMs Turkey Day.
Ah the moment we were open on Turkey Day was the day it was ruined for me. Stay at home people. Let's have togetherness with family instead of you ruining our day by you wanting to wait in line for cheap shit instead of eating with family and friends. There's plenty of time to get including the actual black Friday to get to your cheap shit. Heck most of it is not that even cheap.

Walmart's Thanksgiving Day store closure announcement is a good sign. As for Black Friday itself, given that social distancing is now expected:
"I just can't envision that happening this year," said Scott Rankin, principal and national consumer and retail strategy leader with KPMG US. "With everything that's going on, there may be no Black Friday at all," said Rankin. "I can't imagine retailers buying inventory to stock up for an event designed to pack hundreds of people into a store. There are so many risks to that."
Black Friday as we know it is finally dead - https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/07/business/black-friday-dead-pandemic/index.html

"We know this has been a trying year, and our associates have stepped up. We hope they will enjoy a special Thanksgiving Day at home with their loved ones," John Furner, president and CEO of Walmart US, said in a statement. "We are certainly thankful to our people for all of their efforts."
Walmart will close stores on Thanksgiving, ending a Black Friday tradition that drew huge crowds - https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-will-close-stores-on-thanksgiving-ending-black-friday-tradition-2020-7

Last edited:
We all know spot will have to follow suit. So does this mean there will be a new deal each day of that week? Because if they plan on a 12:01 am open your back in the same hole with crowds and lines...
Is there a chance we will see another bonus or extra per hr?

Back