COVID-19 COVID Fatigue, Coping, Support, Venting, etc.

I saw the Etl log with his mask under his nose. I told him to pull his mask up. He said thank you. Honestly at my store I rarely see anyone not wearing a mask properly. There is 1 tm that I have called out numerous times. He's an asshole on a good day. Thankfully we work opposite sides of the store.

I know your pain. I'm a 400+ picker too. Ice those knees and soak the feet my friend as there doesn't seem to be an end in sight for awhile.
I've been having trouble with my hip muscles the one that runs on the outside next to where your hands sit. I have too massage it while I walk around the store sometimes.

The stores joined the Target on Zafarano Road, which was shuttered Friday after a surge in employee infections. The earliest Target can reopen is Nov. 28.

Well we are back in lockdown and now we cant remove masks at ALL during work. Not even on break they took our water diapenser. Taped off the faucet. Told us not to teke to stay out of any other area othet than the breakroom on break. Cant have water on the floor not even hidden. And we HAVE to wear a mask from our car to the store. Draconian much? I get it and all but if I want a bag of chips im eating a damned bag of chipa on my break 😡

Well we are back in lockdown and now we cant remove masks at ALL during work. Not even on break they took our water diapenser. Taped off the faucet. Told us not to teke to stay out of any other area othet than the breakroom on break. Cant have water on the floor not even hidden. And we HAVE to wear a mask from our car to the store. Draconian much? I get it and all but if I want a bag of chips im eating a damned bag of chipa on my break 😡
I always go sit outside when this happens. Like fuck that.

We were told from day one that masks needed to be worn properly, but more recently a sign with big bold letters saying such was put up. No specifications on getting coached or anything like that though. I'm glad for the notice since there were always a few TMs pulling theirs down all the time when leads weren't around - I'd actually come in with intent to complain to HR the day the sign was put up so that worked out.

Recent cases at my store have indeed helped (or scared ) our leaders. Now all of them are wearing their masks at all times . I’m not sure if they are doing in their office or not . But atleast everywhere else .

My girlfriend and I are long distance and she works in an ER. As of this morning she has three new symptoms. This sucks. Fingers crossed.
Update: She’s covid positive with a high fever among a bunch of other symptoms. Between the stress at work and now this I’m really reaching my limits.

I hear you guys and I feel for you. Hopefully I don't end up the same way as those who are absolutely hurting/burned out/etc, and I hope you guys find some kind of comfort and peace somehow.

Question time: Does Target verify if you're a close contact with someone who has Covid, or are they not technically allowed to do that?

Policy in my store is for a person testing positive they look at cameras and call people that had close contact with infected person. We also get store texts saying someone has tested positive

Policy in my store is for a person testing positive they look at cameras and call people that had close contact with infected person. We also get store texts saying someone has tested positive
So are those people who had the close contact then required to isolate for 2 weeks or get tested before coming back to work, or is it just a “hey just so you know” type of conversation?

What do they do if you live with someone who catches it? That’s a close contact, but do they verify?

So now my sister, who has been self isolating in her room since she came back from college, tested positive for COVID. I took a test yesterday, but I don’t even know if I should go into work tomorrow. I haven’t come in direct contact with her, but she’s been in the same house.

Good news is she is asymptomatic right now.

Last edited:
Hopefully no one had to deal with the embarrassment today of their pants splitting wide open at the worst area... at the furthest location away from the exit. I had to go home and change and drive back lol

Hopefully no one had to deal with the embarrassment today of their pants splitting wide open at the worst area... at the furthest location away from the exit. I had to go home and change and drive back lol
You should just get a pair of khakis or jeans from Target and have them requisition for you It’s work related.

So just heard thru the grape vine that someone that I chat with at work mightve had a close exposure thru work to someone with covid2 or 3 days ago..

So just heard thru the grape vine that someone that I chat with at work mightve had a close exposure thru work to someone with covid2 or 3 days ago..
Are we defining close exposure as hugging, kissing, or the lalala? Because I can pretty much guarantee you we've all had exposure to it almost daily. In fact, I literally just found out 10 mins ago one of our new team members just tested positive. We had a huddle at our store and we were told to stay away from team members and guests or we were going to get reprimanded for it. We all looked at each other like they're crazy. With all the displays, shippers, the new team members added to the roster, and guests we're packed like sardines in a can. There's no way to navigate our back room without tripping over people every 2 seconds. We can't do our jobs from outside. Well I can sort of since I do carts too but still. What do they expect us to do??

Are we defining close exposure as hugging, kissing, or the lalala? Because I can pretty much guarantee you we've all had exposure to it almost daily. In fact, I literally just found out 10 mins ago one of our new team members just tested positive. We had a huddle at our store and we were told to stay away from team members and guests or we were going to get reprimanded for it. We all looked at each other like they're crazy. With all the displays, shippers, the new team members added to the roster, and guests we're packed like sardines in a can. There's no way to navigate our back room without tripping over people every 2 seconds. We can't do our jobs from outside. Well I can sort of since I do carts too but still. What do they expect us to do??
I try to keep my distance as much as possible. I will abandon my three tier where I stand if TMs in the back (usually with masks pulled down) are in my way. If GS is crowded I will come back to get my reshop later. It is very difficult though, especially when most people don't seem to care.

Back