COVID-19 COVID Fatigue, Coping, Support, Venting, etc.

I would hope you would self quarantine and not go back to work till you have a negative test. If contact tracing is done you would be notified. I would think Target would be notified.
Yeah I thought through my situation a little more and I think I’ll call out tonight and wait for a test result. But really, my sister’s bathroom is literally connected to her room so she hasn’t had to leave her room once. But I’ll be on the safe side.

Anchorage is going to go to a two or three week lock down at the beginning of December.
We are almost out of beds in the hospital and we are running out of trained emergency staff.

Is Spot paying you to stay home to quarantine? That was a thing a few months ago, wasn't it?

I'm kind of worried since another team member who works self-checkout in the afternoons hasn't been working since Saturday and I received a text about a positive case that coincides with the last day that I saw her. She obviously communicates with me before she leaves about problems with the registers and if I should go get more receipt paper or paper towels to wipe down the registers before she leaves and I've come in close contact with her. I'm not sure how the contact tracing would work and would the store tell me to self-isolate if it turns out she tested positive?

So are those people who had the close contact then required to isolate for 2 weeks or get tested before coming back to work, or is it just a “hey just so you know” type of conversation

In my store, people who came in close contact with the infected people were sent for a rapid covid test, paid for by target. You get the results in an hour.

I'm kind of worried since another team member who works self-checkout in the afternoons hasn't been working since Saturday and I received a text about a positive case that coincides with the last day that I saw her. She obviously communicates with me before she leaves about problems with the registers and if I should go get more receipt paper or paper towels to wipe down the registers before she leaves and I've come in close contact with her. I'm not sure how the contact tracing would work and would the store tell me to self-isolate if it turns out she tested positive?

This scenario isn't considered close contact. It isn't long enough. Hopefully, you probably were a few feet apart from each other for this 1 minute conversation. I'm guessing you were wearing masks correctly. What bothers me is that you aren't cleaning. Are you in an area where people think the virus is fake? We are still cleaning the carts all day long. We are still cleaning the self checkouts with the microfiber towels after each guest. I don't know that this does a whole lot. I work for target and therefor am not a scientist. But it does remind people that we are dealing with a virus that puts 20 year olds in the hospital and can kill people.

If anyone’a state has a COVID app that uses Apple and Google’s contact tracing API, I highly suggest downloading it. It alerts you if you’ve had close contact with a positive person for more than 10 minutes. The more people who download it and use it, the more effective it is.

In my store, people who came in close contact with the infected people were sent for a rapid covid test, paid for by target. You get the results in an hour.

This scenario isn't considered close contact. It isn't long enough. Hopefully, you probably were a few feet apart from each other for this 1 minute conversation. I'm guessing you were wearing masks correctly. What bothers me is that you aren't cleaning. Are you in an area where people think the virus is fake? We are still cleaning the carts all day long. We are still cleaning the self checkouts with the microfiber towels after each guest. I don't know that this does a whole lot. I work for target and therefor am not a scientist. But it does remind people that we are dealing with a virus that puts 20 year olds in the hospital and can kill people.
I actually do try to wipe down the registers after every guest uses the registers with either paper towels or a cloth. I don't know how effective it is but it also annoys me when my SETL tells me that the store is too busy to be cleaning after every guest and that I should wait and clean every 20 minutes instead or until it slows down.

It's good to know that I wasn't considered to be in close contact since I wasn't that close to her when I was talking to her.

Question, when I do the 2 week LOA because my sister has Covid, do I need to submit any proof of her positive test? Because my mom is acting very weird about me sending Target her personal lab results, so it might be tough for me to actually get her to sign off on that haha. I’m stressed from all this.

I know that this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm fatigued over COVID for different reasons. I'm over wearing a mask for 8+ hours a day and not being able to breathe easily, I'm over fretting over our NPS scores because our self-checkout advocate didn't wipe down a machine because s/he was tending to a red light and a helpless Karen (chooses) to use the machine instead of waiting ten seconds for the self-checkout advocate to walk over and clean it (and later writes a scathing complaint about us "not cleaning" with a zero score), I'm over trying to scramble to find coverage if our mask distributor calls out (which usually means we lose a checklane advocate to fill this, so our NPS scores suffer due to not enough lanes open). Over trying to maintain "social distance" when fulfillment is putting stuff in our OPU hold space while front end is trying to retrieve items, which is impossible to do. And now we have to find time to clean restrooms and various touch points every hour on a shoestring schedule (we're not getting an additional person to do this, so front end advocates will have to sneak out of the front end to do this).

I'm equally fatigued over the COVID obsession outside of Target. It's all I hear about day in and day out. Furious on how certain states and cities are handling the situation regarding shutting down businesses and disrupting citizens' ability to make a living and/or live a normal every day life, with no tangible improvement in COVID numbers despite their claims. The other day I set off and went grocery shopping. Before I got out of my vehicle, I had to turn around and go home because I forgot my mask and couldn't find any in my vehicle. I had $600+ in cash on my person and three credit cards with a $25,000 limit across all three and I had to forego groceries not because I didn't have the funds, but because I didn't have a mask. Wasn't going to drive all the way home to get a mask and then drive all the way back to the different grocery stores, I just gave up. Too fatigued. What a world. Forgive me for what will undoubtedly be an unpopular opinion, but this is how I feel!

Last edited:
Question, when I do the 2 week LOA because my sister has Covid, do I need to submit any proof of her positive test? Because my mom is acting very weird about me sending Target her personal lab results, so it might be tough for me to actually get her to sign off on that haha. I’m stressed from all this.
Or to get more specific here, if I need a doctor's note, who should I get it from? Because it's my sister who has COVID, not me, so I can't just call up her doctor lol.

I guess I can explain the situation to my primary doctor and he can write a doctor's note, I don't see why there would be an issue with that.

I know that this may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm fatigued over COVID for different reasons. I'm over wearing a mask for 8+ hours a day and not being able to breathe easily, I'm over fretting over our NPS scores because our self-checkout advocate didn't wipe down a machine because s/he was tending to a red light and a helpless Karen (chooses) to use the machine instead of waiting ten seconds for the self-checkout advocate to walk over and clean it (and later writes a scathing complaint about us "not cleaning" with a zero score), I'm over trying to scramble to find coverage if our mask distributor calls out (which usually means we lose a checklane advocate to fill this, so our NPS scores suffer due to not enough lanes open). Over trying to maintain "social distance" when fulfillment is putting stuff in our OPU hold space while front end is trying to retrieve items, which is impossible to do. And now we have to find time to clean restrooms and various touch points every hour on a shoestring schedule (we're not getting an additional person to do this, so front end advocates will have to sneak out of the front end to do this).

I'm equally fatigued over the COVID obsession outside of Target. It's all I hear about day in and day out. Furious on how certain states and cities are handling the situation regarding shutting down businesses and disrupting citizens' ability to make a living and/or live a normal every day life, with no tangible improvement in COVID numbers despite their claims. The other day I set off and went grocery shopping. Before I got out of my vehicle, I had to turn around and go home because I forgot my mask and couldn't find any in my vehicle. I had $600+ in cash on my person and three credit cards with a $25,000 limit across all three and I had to forego groceries not because I didn't have the funds, but because I didn't have a mask. Wasn't going to drive all the way home to get a mask and then drive all the way back to the different grocery stores, I just gave up. Too fatigued. What a world. Forgive me for what will undoubtedly be an unpopular opinion, but this is how I feel!
Keep a few masks in your car. I have asthma and am not exactly at my fighting weight and I find the disposable ones easier to breathe through than the cloth ones.

We are all sick of this shit, trust me. But I will bet it is worse for those of us who not only have to deal with all the restrictions and do what is necessary, but also have to deal with those who sneer at us and tell us we are "sheep" and it's "just the flu" and "but muh FREEDOMS", etc. And have to dodge assholes at work who pull their masks down and don't know the meaning of personal space (which I was a fan of long before the pandemic). It just makes it all that much worse.

Amen. Thank you for putting this much more eloquently and more polite than what I had been thinking

Back