COVID-19 COVID Fatigue, Coping, Support, Venting, etc.

Except that the whiny snowflakes *aren't* making that sacrifice when they're half-assing it by wearing their mask under their nose or on their chin or refusing to wear one because of 'muh rights as a 'murican'.
If people would just do it right instead of trying to do end runs, we'd see a real drop like we did during the FIRST lockdown.
If people wanna be stubborn, get sick & die - thanks for removing yourself from the gene pool.
But when you get someone sick unwittingly because you didn't warn them that you were asymptomatic, that's akin to manslaughter & I wish all kinds of evil to fall on you.
But hey, you can't fix stupid & you can't quarantine it either so I'll just do my best to keep your germs & stupidity away from my loved ones.
And yes, we've lost two relatives to COVID in the last few months.

This all day long. I just got back to work after sitting out for 14 days after a covid exposure at work.. The person that exposed me, didn't think it was a big deal either.. Until she called me in tears that she had it was so sorry that she might have given it to me. I am asthmatic who has had pneumonia in the past.. She has told me for months that I was overacting at not really doing anything social since March and she thought it was a bit much I cancelled my road trip over the summer.. She went to one party and caught it.. She has it, her husband has it, her grown kids and spouses had to get tested and the grand kids depending on how the adults results went..

Three this past week. Time to start ramping up hard around here. All ICU beds are filled in the county too. So much stress.

Our store didn’t report any cases in a while but overall cases in our state is climbing and hospitals are getting already full. Doctors are asking our governor to have another lockdown with restaurants and gyms closed . I don’t think it will happen though! But he is telling they will have first set of vaccines available in this month for priority groups.

Thankfully my sister is nearly recovered with only mild symptoms (little cough, lost sense of taste and smell temporarily). She isolated the entire time and no one else in the family has caught it that we're aware of. It sucks she couldn't be with us on Thanksgiving, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm burnt the fuck out. Our store went to 3-4 trucks a week to 7+. I took the GMTL 1 position, which is unload/receiving/PP1 areas last November right before it hit and it seems like it's been Q4 the whole time.

To top it off, our district lead comes in nearly twice a week since we've been either without a store lead or transitioning to a new one, plus missing other execs/TL's, and still hitting high marks across the board. Since she's in the store so frequently, the higher ups are constantly wanting perfection but realistically you cannot do that nonstop.

I have an HR ETL who asks for my schedule needs for my team constantly because I tell them their scheduling is wrong (who they put on my line/what DBOs are where) so I create a full schedule for them, and they still fuck it up and chalk it up to exhaustion and they just missed it or they had to make cuts (which I'm sorry but you don't cut from the line or just throw anyone there). I'm exhausted of their stupid mistakes of scheduling the wrong people and the wrong times.

They split up one of our GM leads to a stupid schedule that makes zero sense, so I end up managing her team as well which is some PP2 areas/presentation because they are all on opposite schedules half the week.

Then there's the wild hair up their asses with the walks, where they suggest something new like rearranging my entire chem backroom where the DBO use to have 99%+ backroom acc. To making it less detailed and easier to fuck up if you're not the DBO, because "people should just know what they're doing" so now it's a yellow score, and they wonder what happened. There was nothing wrong with it before!

*Edited to add* They have also started watching cameras for masks, which they caught me getting the doors while on overnights, without my mask on. I was eating, I was on my lunch break and was still eating my food while getting the door. But I guess that's only allowed in the break room/offices. I literally never take it off otherwise, I'm very neat, clean, and very afraid of getting covid. But God forbid I try to eat without a mask on.

I'm so close to being done it's not even funny

Last edited:
I'm burnt the fuck out. Our store went to 3-4 trucks a week to 7+. I took the GMTL 1 position, which is unload/receiving/PP1 areas last November right before it hit and it seems like it's been Q4 the whole time.

To top it off, our district lead comes in nearly twice a week since we've been either without a store lead or transitioning to a new one, plus missing other execs/TL's, and still hitting high marks across the board. Since she's in the store so frequently, the higher ups are constantly wanting perfection but realistically you cannot do that nonstop.

I have an HR ETL who asks for my schedule needs for my team constantly because I tell them their scheduling is wrong (who they put on my line/what DBOs are where) so I create a full schedule for them, and they still fuck it up and chalk it up to exhaustion and they just missed it or they had to make cuts (which I'm sorry but you don't cut from the line or just throw anyone there). I'm exhausted of their stupid mistakes of scheduling the wrong people and the wrong times.

They split up one of our GM leads to a stupid schedule that makes zero sense, so I end up managing her team as well which is some PP2 areas/presentation because they are all on opposite schedules half the week.

Then there's the wild hair up their asses with the walks, where they suggest something new like rearranging my entire chem backroom where the DBO use to have 99%+ backroom acc. To making it less detailed and easier to fuck up if you're not the DBO, because "people should just know what they're doing" so now it's a yellow score, and they wonder what happened. There was nothing wrong with it before!

*Edited to add* They have also started watching cameras for masks, which they caught me getting the doors while on overnights, without my mask on. I was eating, I was on my lunch break and was still eating my food while getting the door. But I guess that's only allowed in the break room/offices. I literally never take it off otherwise, I'm very neat, clean, and very afraid of getting covid. But God forbid I try to eat without a mask on.

You can’t be more specific 😬. But hope you feel a little better venting it all out .

I for real thought I wrote this post for a second I’m in exactly this same spot.

They said they will. We'll see what happens.
I called out for 14 days near the beginning of November because my roommate tested positive. Current guidelines on the payandbenefits page said the home HR submits the leave. I'm still pushing for the quarantine pay and was told that because I never tested positive, I would not be paid for the quarantine.

I called out for 14 days near the beginning of November because my roommate tested positive. Current guidelines on the payandbenefits page said the home HR submits the leave. I'm still pushing for the quarantine pay and was told that because I never tested positive, I would not be paid for the quarantine.
They seem inconsistent. HR submitted a request for a paid COVID LOA because my sister had it, and I was approved. I'm on LeavePro self service right now and it's showing a paid personal LOA effective until December 11.

I had to call pay&benefits tell them that a household member was positive submit my test and u get 75% your estimate hours for 14 days from the test date. The only time u don't get paided is if its a self quarantine. So if ur hr won't push it through then call

I had to call pay&benefits tell them that a household member was positive submit my test and u get 75% your estimate hours for 14 days from the test date. The only time u don't get paided is if its a self quarantine. So if ur hr won't push it through then call

That sounds like what I'm going to have to do. My home HR is confused as to the concept of submitting this for a leave. They are used to the TMs being in contact with Leave & Disability to get pay. (It doesn't help that our HR ETL is out on a long term leave as well so a relatively newish ETL is covering that and their own area).

Back