Archived Crazy guest stories during the holiday season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@lovecats, have you tried any other online sites w/your Target MC yet?

I'm glad you have the RedCard debit as a backup, I use it more than my bank card debit!

Not yet. I actually have been trying not to use it but every once in awhile I do. I finally got my balance on there just under $2,000.

I have my new Target M/C ( used to be Tgt Visa) with the chip and pin. Used at at my former Target this past Sunday with no problem. Tried to use it online and it declined it. I ended up using my Tgt debit and it went thru fine. Looked at my account info on Target.com and the new card was listed there. I was nowhere near my credit limit. I'm thinking that maybe Target.com hasn't caught up with the new chip and pin technology (wouldn't surprise me in the least). Anyway, my point is that I figured it was just a glitch so did not get mad at the poor guys in chat who where trying to help me figure it out.

Have the other sites you tried shopping/paying with the Target M/C card denying payment processing because the card requires a pin to go through? When folks would shop with their newly sent and acquired/activated Target credit M/C card in store, many were surprised to enter a pin at the time of transaction and mentioned they never set up a pin. I didn't think that they may have switched from the Visa mag-striped card knowingly or unknowingly.

Have the other sites you tried shopping/paying with the Target M/C card denying payment processing because the card requires a pin to go through? When folks would shop with their newly sent and acquired/activated Target credit M/C card in store, many were surprised to enter a pin at the time of transaction and mentioned they never set up a pin. I didn't think that they may have switched from the Visa mag-striped card knowingly or unknowingly.
The only place I use mine is at Target for that 5%. And I really try to not use it that much. I can't see how people would be surprised at the pin. I had to set one up when I activated mine. There was not way around it.

OMFG. The things that cashiers will send guests to the SD for are ridiculous. When a guest comes up to me with a request that the cashier so obviously could have taken care of at the POS, I will look at the register number and show them how to do what the guest wanted. Especially this time of year, the GS line is ridiculous. Don't make guests stand on that line unnecessarily.
I always love when the cashiers send me guests who need gift receipts, or forgot a coupon. I would send guests to GS for dumb reasons too when I was a cashier, but never that dumb.

I always love when the cashiers send me guests who need gift receipts, or forgot a coupon. I would send guests to GS for dumb reasons too when I was a cashier, but never that dumb.

My store never trained cashiers on those. I figured out how to do gift receipts on my own. However, missed coupons had to be done at SD unless you had a GSA/GSTL that just happened to be nearby.

I was on a register the week before Christmas and had a guest swear up and down that the Super Target by her house could look up her redcard at the register using her social security number. As in, she wanted to pay using the card without having the card present. She kept arguing with me and insisting until I eventually gave up on logic and told her that only Super Targets can do that. Please forgive me, future Super Target team member, for the shitstorm that woman will unleash upon you someday...
She probably had forgotten her debit Redcard and the cashier tricked her into applying for the credit card.

What else could you possibly do with a SSN at the register?

She probably had forgotten her debit Redcard and the cashier tricked her into applying for the credit card.

What else could you possibly do with a SSN at the register?

My GSTL told me a tale about a cashier who tricked a guest into signing up for a second card by having them go through with the application, while telling them it was Target's way of looking up the card and verifying that it was the right card. The cashier was fired very shortly after.

My GSTL told me a tale about a cashier who tricked a guest into signing up for a second card by having them go through with the application, while telling them it was Target's way of looking up the card and verifying that it was the right card. The cashier was fired very shortly after.
Exactly what I was thinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back