Crazy question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I am a merchandiser American Greetings in Target and need to get a few rolls of the Target branded tape for my returns. I need the Target branded tape so when my return gets processed it gets processed correctly at American Greetings. I have been having trouble on AG's end and this was my department managers solution. Probably is... the tape is rarely found at my Target. Can anyone else find me a few rolls and I could pay for them? Crazy request I know but I hat that AG gets my stuff messed up. With the quick identifying tape it has helped tremendously! I'd be glad to pay a "finders fee" for the rolls myself plus shipping. :) Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me.

Hey guys, I am a merchandiser American Greetings in Target and need to get a few rolls of the Target branded tape for my returns. I need the Target branded tape so when my return gets processed it gets processed correctly at American Greetings. I have been having trouble on AG's end and this was my department managers solution. Probably is... the tape is rarely found at my Target. Can anyone else find me a few rolls and I could pay for them? Crazy request I know but I hat that AG gets my stuff messed up. With the quick identifying tape it has helped tremendously! I'd be glad to pay a "finders fee" for the rolls myself plus shipping. :) Thanks so much for any help anyone can give me.
I don't understand why you would need Target branded tape for returns and why you would need multiple rolls. My AG merch at my store only sends back about 5 boxes total in a year, all other cards get thrown in the compactor at the end of the season. My merch just uses regular packing tape and they never have had any problems.

Also, if someone at the store were to sell rolls of tape to you they would most likely get fired. The best that could probably happen is that they could order rolls of tape and hold them so they are available for you to use when you need them. They can't be giving out Target branded things like that, even to a merch.

Yes, The tape does exist, its nothing fancy, just has a Target logo. My everyday credits are destroyed but my seasonal cards are NOT, several of us merchandisers use this tape to draw attention to AG so they get processed quickly and correctly. Target has a different POS system than say Walmart. My Target has tried to "hide" a roll of tape for me and someone else always finds it, I guess I should just put it under my greeting cards with my paperwork.

I just looked on Ebay, no Target tape but tons of Ebay logo rolls, and even a Kmart one! I know that doesn't help, but I thought it was funny that you can get Kmart but not Target.

Last edited:
I think you need to re-read the comments. You have offered zero proof of who you are and what you are attempting to do. There's no guarantee you aren't a scammer. Your stated reason has been refuted by several people. Your justification of necessity is a muddled mess, especially since no other person in your position is suffering this same issue. Your attempt for legitimacy of stating your store tries to hide a roll for you actually weakens your story considerably, as there are so many different places to hide tape, hide anything really, that will never be found.

I'm willing to bet this is just another scam. Hopefully you never find someone to give you tape.

AFAIK, Target brand tape is only for SFS online orders (I could be wrong here, but this is from what my TL said). We have a couple boxes of that tape for handhelds for when we run out of the tape for the machine, but other than that it doesn't get used. AFAIK it's not really a thing you can really get anymore either, but again - I could be wrong on that.

If this was the Q&A thread there would have been more than enough good answers to lock the thread.
Since the situation is odd to say the least and nobody here can really help, I'm going to say that is what's going to happen.
So ...

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back