Archived Cross training sorta?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RistrettoShots

Previous Starbucks TL/Coffee Master, ASM, now Mana
So currently I am classified as a Food Ave team member. I am cross trained in P-fresh and once I found out that 2 Starbucks Team members were leaving I decided in order to get myself out of P-fresh and get more hours it would be cool to cross-train over there. I was told I had to apply for the position and also be interviewed again. I am working today and was told I will be interviewed during my shift. I was wondering if anyone knew if I had to be drug tested again. And also if anyone is aware of what the pay in Starbucks is if I'm currently making 8.75 in Food avenue. I was told I will be classified as a Starbucks team member, getting only 2 or 3 days in Starbucks and the rest in food ave. I already work 25-30 hours in Foodave. Does this make sense? Sorry for all the questions just nervous is all

I wouldn't think you would need to be drug tested again.
You're just being interviewed again because Starbucks has outside folks touching the system as well.

Seriously, you're asking it anything Spot does makes sense?

I changed workcenters last year and had to go through interviews, but wasn't drug tested.

You would be moving from paygrade N05 to N07 so will get either 25 or 50 cents more ($9 or $9.25), not sure which one. Either way you would be making the new amount whether you are working a shift in Starbucks or Food Ave.

EDIT: Forgot to add that they do run a new background check on you.

Last edited:
Lol, why the concern about getting drug tested? If u have a RX for whatever shows up, you're fine.

To your question. I got trained in bikes and am now classified as "bike assembly" even though I get less than 1/4 of my hours in bikes. The higher pay rate position will be your main classification

Last edited:
Starbux is N07 so you'd probably get a .25 bump-up.
All our FA & SB are cross-trained so we can pick up hrs in both areas.
Even tho our team is small there's not enough hrs for anyone to come even close to 40.
MyTime is supposed to make it even worse.

no one wants to cross train over here I wish my store had fa and sb cross trained. So I had an interview with the tl yesterday and having one with an etl tomorrow. I basically already got the position.. Background check doesn't worry me at all but drug test was only a concern because I smoke marijuana every now and then. either way I'll be fine cause I'm clean right now. I just didn't want to screw myself over. Thanks guys for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back