Archived Crosstraining into HR?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm interested in crosstraining into HR. I'm interested in the field as a career and I want to take advantage of a possible opportunity while I work for Spot. It seems farfetched at first, but I have some related work experience, have graduated from college, and a couple regular TMs at my store have been cross-trained into HR. I've applied for positions outside in the last month or so to no avail, and now that I know I'm not leaving anytime soon I want to be able to develop my skills in the meantime.

However....those TMs were approached by our ETL-HR based on their personalities. With me, she has praised my natural people skills "the vibe" in our talks together. I'm wondering how the best way to go about asking to crosstrain for HR is.

It's all politics for that job, at least at my store.

Same at mine. If you aren't a total ETL kiss ass you aren't getting that job. Though if you are lucky enough it's basically the easiest job in the entire store. You don't have to leave your chair all day and every time an ETL brings food in the HR TM is the only one who's getting a share.

It's all politics for that job, at least at my store.

Same at mine. If you aren't a total ETL kiss ass you aren't getting that job. Though if you are lucky enough it's basically the easiest job in the entire store. You don't have to leave your chair all day and every time an ETL brings food in the HR TM is the only one who's getting a share.

I don't know about easy job.
Sure you get to sit down, even have your own music but for all the distraction, answering the phone all day (at least mine did), TMs constantly coming up with their issues because they knew the ETL HR wasn't going to fix them in a timely fashion, doing the bones of the schedule, doing the orientations, doing the translating for the Spanish speaking members of the staff to the non-Spanish speaking ETLs (I know that's probably only my store) and not being able to eat without an ETL wanting something, it didn't look easy.

Last edited:
At my store HRTM does not answer the phone, we have no Spanish speaking team members, no one approaches her with issues because we know everything said to her goes straight to the ETLs and the HRTM eats lunch in the breakroom unless it's free food from the ETLs day.

So my ETL-HR kind of "picked me" for the position as HR-TM. I remember her saying that she thought i was fitting dor the position because I am "strategic" and I don't gossip/have any drama around the store (actually she said that I had neutral relationships in the store ).
I wouldn't say it's easy (at least not in my store) but you do get to sit down A LOT. It's more of a "brain" job. There's obviously slow days and crazy days just like in every work center, if you're a good worker you'll know how to keep busy during the slow days and make your life easier on the days that crap hits the fan and everything goes downhill.
Good luck with everything :)

It's not an easy job like some put. HR requires a lot of planning, patience, and focus. They deal with payroll, processing applications and terminations. They deal with a lot of sensitive information. At my store, they deal with a lot, those that say it's easy either have a slow store, a really good HR team that makes it look easy, or have never worked in that role and think it's all just sitting down and playing with the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back