Archived Crush on the ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.

findmeharry

Dressy tees for everyone
I was all good with flirting with my coworker when he was a GSTL, but now he's an ETL, and I'm fawning over him all the time. It doesn't help that he has a girlfriend who also worked at Target.
Halp, I want to date him when he's single.

The only way you can pursue this course of action is if your job at Target doesn't matter to you. There is virtually no other way to make that work even assuming this ETL ends up single.

Agh. Target really knows how to hire attractive people for "upper management." Freakin kills me. Nothing like a good scandal to liven up forth quarter anyways. And not to sound like a complete tool, but you're kind of safe in this situation... he's the one expected by the company to know better than to doink around with his inferior.. not to mention the fact that he has a girlfriend. And if it's nothing serious-- that's good too. Flirting is just so much fun in itself. I say carry on.

Quit and then ask him out.

If he isn't impressed by your grand gesture of giving up your job for him than he wasn't worth it.

If that doesn't sound like a good option, stop flirting with him (it just pisses off the people who have to watch even though I'm sure it's great for his ego) and get back to work.

Last edited:
One of my favorite ETLs had to quit his job in order to date a TM. It didn't last.

I also had an ETL get fired for having relations with a TM in his office.

Don't pursue it

A fellow TL has banged about 3 ETLs. All were after they left the store during regularly scheduled new assignments. But, he's also banged about a quarter of the non-lesbian girls in the store too. Enormous player. The TMs falling for it is one thing, but the ETLs tend to be a tad smarter than that, socially, around these parts. But when a guy is good looking enough, has enough tattoos, and has the requisite skills....some girls just don't care even if their eyes are wide open, ETL or not.

Tattoos? What trailer park do you hail from, cihyfthedoor?

As the proud bearer (despite the Torah's whining on the subject) of a number of pieces of skin art, I suspect that was a shot.
Since I also lived in a trailer court for twenty years I don't take it personal like but some folks might.
Since tats have gone pretty much mainstream I'm willing to bet at least half, if not more, of the folks on the board have ink.
Can't all of them have my pedigree.

Tats used to be the mark of "bad"; girls are ALWAYS attracted to the "bad boys".
Even the clean-cut looking ones may have a little ink in an out-of-sight place for private viewing.

Definitely.
Tattoos are a big yes, but I agree - I don't see how a bunch of ETL's would drop just because some guy has them.

I just don't see any correlation between being a ladies man and having tattoos.

Depends on the tattoos. In case this case, I'm talking more about...

Tats used to be the mark of "bad"; girls are ALWAYS attracted to the "bad boys".

...this.

I'm talking about how oftentimes when you see a hot girl, a disproportionate amount of the time she is attached to some big bald dude with tattoos, frequently including neck tattoos (real winners, those). Although this TL is neither bald nor has a neck tattoo. He's definitely the aforementioned "bad boy" type. A few of his tattoos are militarily focused, as he served a standard stint last decade.

Haha, a lot of girls like tatted up guys. I don't know anyone from a trailer. I live in a middle to upper middle "class" suburban area.

I used to date a teacher who was tatted from the chest to his thigh (not completely but whatevs), but you couldn't see any of it when he was in his normal clothing. He looked so clean cut. It was kinda hot, tbh.

Yes, in the trailer parks.

I work in the pharmacy where I get to deal day in and day out with gorgeous (well, sometimes) men and women who have their doctorate degrees in Pharmacy, are fairly wealthy, and I doubt live in trailer parks.... and a good amount of them have tattoos!

We were talking on a an Etl crush, not tats?

topic_derailed_zpsa678cb1e.gif

I also have one just because she's young and female, but I do not act on it at all. In fact, I'm extremely short with her. Maybe she'll think I'm a bad boy. Need to get some tats...

What would be best is if my ETL got more tattoos, because then everything would be relevant and we could all be one big happy family to end this season of red and khaki on NBC.

I'm an ETL and started to date a TL in my store. My STL found out and told us that one of us had to transfer. The STL let us pick who was going to transfer too! He transfered and now we're engaged. You never know... If it's right, it's right!

I'm an ETL and started to date a TL in my store. My STL found out and told us that one of us had to transfer. The STL let us pick who was going to transfer too! He transfered and now we're engaged. You never know... If it's right, it's right!

Congratulations!

I've progressed from my ETL to also liking my Team Leader, and I feel pretty accomplished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back