Archived "Dammit, Jim! I'm a foodie, not a barista!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S-Bux can't take the coupon that looks like a receipt where the guest calls, takes a survey, and then writes down numbers for a free drink. Only "real" ones can.
You'll be fine, redeye. Just remember that sampling cold and hot drinks in the same training session can be...gross. I was sick for two days after my training. Then the DM told me why. Lol

S-Bux can't take the coupon that looks like a receipt where the guest calls, takes a survey, and then writes down numbers for a free drink. Only "real" ones can.
That's the one.
The SBTMs have already been dragging me over for sampling parties.
I was wired for a week....

Well if i go into discounts on a Food Ave register there is a "Pizza hut coupons" option, and I've seen some non-catalina pizza hut coupons in the drawer when closing the registers out at the end of the night.

I've also seen the receipt coupons in the drawer at starbucks....

???? I dont know haha

Re: Pizza hut coupons option - I gotta check that out next time I go in.

You'll be fine, redeye. Just remember that sampling cold and hot drinks in the same training session can be...gross. I was sick for two days after my training. Then the DM told me why. Lol

You've mentioned this twice. I've worked there before and I have no idea what you mean. Care to explain? I assume you were pooping a lot, lol, but not sure what you mean by hot and cold.

Last edited:
Isis - My trainer had me do six drinks per training shift and then two coffee flavors, as well. I remember my first day of training: mocha, mocha frap, caramel macchiato, iced white mocha, hot chocolate, and strawberries and cream frap. I was more throwing up and less pooping. My DM was there and smiling the whole time. He told me the next day that he was using me as his guinea pig so I can warn all future baristas...gee, thanks. :)

Today was my first day &.....oh.....my.....Lord....
The first hr I just poured coffee & learned how to slip on a sleeve & snap on lids. I also washed milk pitchers.
Lots & LOTS of milk pitchers.
To see a line that long with people paying that much.....is mind-boggling.
Target Chick, I took your advice when they had me make drinks & sample them. Today was cold drinks.

Today was my first day &.....oh.....my.....Lord....
The first hr I just poured coffee & learned how to slip on a sleeve & snap on lids. I also washed milk pitchers.
Lots & LOTS of milk pitchers.
To see a line that long with people paying that much.....is mind-boggling.
Target Chick, I took your advice when they had me make drinks & sample them. Today was cold drinks.

Hey, nice job.

My rule of thumb is that if the place isn't on fire and the till isn't off by more than my paycheck, then you did your job.

Good work indeed.
My daughter is a barista and she says that any day you get can through without burning yourself is a good one.

Today was even MORE fun: I was on register. One SBTM was making drinks & the other was showing me how to "write a cup" while directing me what to ring up. He'd then step over to assist on drinks. I was there during morning rush.
I think the guests were just glad I wasn't the one making their drinks.
At least I didn't run screaming into the night...

Are you sick of the timers yet? After my first week, I heard those darn things everywhere! My favorite guests are the ones who think they know everything about coffee and are usually trying to show off for somebody: "Yeah, hi, can I get a venti grande mocha frappe hot?" Really?!? "Would you like a grande or a venti? A frappUCCINO or a hot mocha? I can do one or the other but I can't do both."
I'm glad you didn't run screaming...that might have made people nervous. LOL

Yeh, the SBTMs in my area said NEVER say 'frappe'; it's the setting on a blender, not a drink (& we're not McD's).
I've got the tall-grand-venti thing down & hot cups vs cold. I'm still looking over all the different drink codes but the check boxes on the side of the cup def help.
Re: show-offs - they call 'em 'Espresso Emos' over there.
Re: timers - 3 went off at the same time & I nearly went nuts!
Deet-deet-deet-deet-deet-deet-deet.....
I wanted a hammer so bad.

Congrats red, glad you made through the first couple days!!

Omfg my store doesn't even have a sbux but I absolutely hate it when people say frappe'. It's not freakin mcdees or Bk. gahhhhh I hate it lol it's a fu(king frappucino!!

Congrats red, glad you made through the first couple days!!

Omfg my store doesn't even have a sbux but I absolutely hate it when people say frappe'. It's not freakin mcdees or Bk. gahhhhh I hate it lol it's a fu(king frappucino!!

Frappe from Mickey D's? More like crappe.

And Red: sounds like you're doing great so far. Keep up the good work!

Now that im here lol omagosh frappe has to be the most annoying thing I hear on an almost daily bases!! And I get lots of mex. Nationals! They always order like this "me das un frappuccino" meaning can I have a frappuccino. And I literally just stand there and just look at the screen until they realize what they forgot to say "the size and the flavr." It pisses them off but I get a huge kick outta it so ehh. Luckily my strbx is always dead with like 4 guests an hour on a weekday and possibly 10 on a weekend so I always have time to mess with guests! And my record closing time including the walk was 9:05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back