Day vs close shifts

We do have the bulk of our guests from 3-8 at my current store. And yes less TM to guest ratio. However our truck is clean by 6 other than the later DBOs like dry market etc. no tripping over freight here. However my closing team knows what to expect from me. I’m very strict on things like no music ever ever, always have a walkie and mydevice (with holster!!) name tag is worn on your left side unless you have a target logo stitched in your polo, then name tag goes on right. No more than one vehicle per TM etc etc we can get a bit goofey the last 1hr until clock out time but we are still working... there’s a few TMs that’ll get scheduled at night with me and some don’t make it because they can’t wrap their heads around “go help a guest in dog food, and then go back to pushing your freight in toys... and build your endcap and yes go for service desk back up. And absolutely I expect you to get it all done... but I have worked and led day side as well... it’s got it’s own challenges, you push freight a lot more, you have 4 people in c\d instead of 1 person in all of GM though...

but the thing I’ve heard the most is TM hate when Too many leads are during the day and they get conflicting direction at night it’s just me and maybe 1 other lead... when I was covering for a dayside TL for a week I had to start calling leadership huddles in the back to make sure we were all on the same goal cause it got messy hahah

night shift does way less work than day shift yet get paid same with just as many hours at my store
What department are you in just curious?

my closers work very hard and 4/6 TMs that I close with including my self are usually sweating 2 hours into our shift haha. We don’t push truck, but we fill OOSs, remerchandise departments, when inventory is out, set sales plans, pricing, and zone and brand better be green when we leave or we ain’t leaving haha

*clears throat*

“Yeah uh, today was real tough. Yeah we didn’t get around to one for ones. Yeah there’s still a lot of truck to push. Oh and would you mind taking care of the three carts of reshop guest service pushed around the corner? Yeah man you know how it is😅😅, so busy! Oh and I think there is an abandoned cart in my area? Why didn’t I get it on my way to clock out?....... I uh... didn’t notice it. I mean what? Yeah man if you could just take care of the one for ones, we’re backed up two days but honestly there’s been so few people because of the weather. Anyways man, I gotta head to the timeclock, make sure you get it all done!”

What department are you in just curious?

my closers work very hard and 4/6 TMs that I close with including my self are usually sweating 2 hours into our shift haha. We don’t push truck, but we fill OOSs, remerchandise departments, when inventory is out, set sales plans, pricing, and zone and brand better be green when we leave or we ain’t leaving haha
chem dbo, our closers basically zone, do reshop, help guests and very rarely push truck

I'm in fulfillment. We always work our asses off no matter what time it is. If we finish up today's work, we go to the salesfloor to help.

tech runs as such
Morning
Tvs on,
Grab your cage from receiving & any tvs
Dust,
Light cleanup /zone if needed,
Mancaf pulls&pushed
Freight,
Audit.
Guest service.

Evening goes
Whatever freight is left,