Logistics DC keeps sending us products for other stores

I've received products for at least 2 different stores in my GM replenishment. Most of the time it's pet food, but I've seen it for chemicals and furniture too.

If the item is something we carry, we typically just audit and add the quantity. If it's not, we treat it as salvage. Can't do a mispick, cause that only changes inventory for what was picked for our specific store.

Does anyone know if there is something we should be doing differently to report this? How can we get the DC to be more aware of this issue? I can say with confidence, this is a nearly daily issue. The DC has pickers/loaders that aren't paying attention or just don't care.

Rant
We recently switched to this DC, this year. And compared to our past DC, this DC has a lot of issues. I am going to assume they're having a staffing problem. We're now getting 7-9 trucks a week, but they're typically smaller trucks than we've taken from the other DC. In the past 3 months, we've received trucks as small as 400 pieces (if they don't cancel on us) and as large as 1900, but that's very rare. They only started sorting repacks too. We also receive a lot of damaged stuff. The silver-lining, we come clean, even on doubles. I'm also sure there's a reporting issue.

I’m not sure how stuff gets reported from a store level, so I can’t address that.
If an item is something your store doesn’t carry though, you could just throw it on your sweep trailer with a note saying “wrong store” rather than salvage it. If enough stuff starts showing up on sweep trucks maybe they’ll realize how big of an issue they have.

I’m not sure how stuff gets reported from a store level, so I can’t address that.
If an item is something your store doesn’t carry though, you could just throw it on your sweep trailer with a note saying “wrong store” rather than salvage it. If enough stuff starts showing up on sweep trucks maybe they’ll realize how big of an issue they have.
I thought about having a pallet set aside for all the random shit we get, but that just sounds like a hassle, honestly.

Sorry. I give no fucks about items sent to us from the DC that should have been shipped to other stores. I put it out.

My inventory counts aren't great anyway (not terrible, but not completely accurate, either.) I am 99% sure I am not getting product I am supposed to receive since OHs will be there, but actuals are ZERO - and it's not likely due to theft - but due to shipment errors from the DC.

oh well.
I just research as much as possible, and fix MisPicks when I catch one. I caught a bunch today.

aka - Target doesn't seem to give a shit, so why should I? It's not Ipads or anything expensive - so I just stock it...

Last edited:
Back