Archived Deadline on time off requests and vacation requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been working for Target for 5 years, and only asked for time off requests 3 times out of 5 years. I've followed and did time off request before the deadline. For 5 years, I've posted my shifts up instead of asking for time off requests and vacation request to save it up.

I am working through the christmas holidays until Dec 25th. The time off and vacation request deadline was before Dec 6 for Dec. 3rd week time off or vacation request. I requested for vacation with no pay before the deadline.

I have been denied for the first time in 5 years, is there anyone out there who is going through the similar situation? The new HR says there is no "blackout" weeks allowed and am not sure what she meant. Can anyone explain what it means?

Thought it was HR that is above? ETL is the executive team leader that is above HR?

the no "blackout" weeks allowed, means certain times of the year are blackout and no vacations are allowed. Talk to your ETL or TL who generally does your schedule, they ma y be able to work something out for you. Mine can give you 2 days off 1 week and 2 days off the enxt week and put them together to get 4 days off in a row. See if someone in your work center can switch a day off with you. There are ways to get days off without having to request time off through eHR. Most ETLs and TLs understand what we are going through during the holidays, they just want coverage during this time of the year, so if you don't screw them and call off at the last second or do a NCNS then you should be able to get the days off you want.

Talk to your Etl, instead.

I did get to see the ETL as soon as you advised me to. We finally got the schedule worked out instead of having to request and get approved. As I explained the situation, he let me have the Dec 29th to Jan 2nd off due to my long drive to Colorado. Am glad to finally get this worked out with the ETL who is thoughtful for everyone's happiness and to working it out with everyone. It's so tough as the blackout weeks not being allowed due to the team members already asking few months back for the christmas vacation and we are understaffed. :( But the whole point, I like his attitude in working around my schedule in letting me be with my family in Colorado. Bless his heart!

Thanks for your advise. :)

qmosqueen, I finally got the concept of what the blackout meant when the ETL explained it to me. Now, I can make plans in just needing to post only one shift up for the 27th that way I can make it through to colorado in the rough snowy weather. :)

Thought it was HR that is above? ETL is the executive team leader that is above HR?
If you have a good relationship with your Etl, then can help you faster than hr. By telling them when you put your request in, they will work it out for you.

Correct me if I am wrong, but technically, weren't "blackout" dates done away with years ago? I mean, obviously, they can do that at the store level and call it that. What I mean is, the company no longer has set blackout dates. If they do, I haven't seen them posted.

Correct me if I am wrong, but technically, weren't "blackout" dates done away with years ago? I mean, obviously, they can do that at the store level and call it that. What I mean is, the company no longer has set blackout dates. If they do, I haven't seen them posted.
It depends on your store.

At my store it used to be that no time off requests between Black Friday and New Year's would be approved, but this was relaxed with the new ETL-HR.

I think it really depends on your HR and team leads.

I requested the 27th of December to the 5th of January off (about a week and a half) back in October and it was approved with no issue.

We were told at my store there are no official black out dates...that they will try to work with team members on time off requests. I requested a single day off earlier this month and it was approved with no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back