Archived Dealing with a lazy co worker

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was an incident at my store in the past year. A couple of team members went to grab some fast-food, came back to the store, and then punched out for their lunch. They were gone for an hour. Of course though with the FFF culture HR reminded everybody they had to punch out before they went for lunch not when they came back from grabbing food and that it was nothing more than a big misunderstanding. My butt it was a big misunderstanding. These two team members (one of them who was supposed to relieve me) actually apologized for being so late but had business to take care of.

There was an incident at my store in the past year. A couple of team members went to grab some fast-food, came back to the store, and then punched out for their lunch. They were gone for an hour. Of course though with the FFF culture HR reminded everybody they had to punch out before they went for lunch not when they came back from grabbing food and that it was nothing more than a big misunderstanding. My butt it was a big misunderstanding. These two team members (one of them who was supposed to relieve me) actually apologized for being so late but had business to take care of.
They didn't nail them for time clock fraud? Spending an hour on the clock not even in the building has got to be a pretty huge deal.

Heck, when we have to go to another store to pick something up, we have to punch out and do a punch correction when we get back.

I agree. But they want us off the clock in case we get into a car accident. So they just have us to when we are done with our shift, and when we get back with the goods, we submit a punch correction for the new clock out time.

But then you're working off the clock. If you got in a wreck while working for them, even if you're off the clock, they could still be held liable. And then you were working off the clock which is a whole other problem!

They didn't nail them for time clock fraud? Spending an hour on the clock not even in the building has got to be a pretty huge deal.

Nope they didn't nail them because this was the first time this happened and the HR-ETL said she wanted to give them a chance to correct their mistakes. It never happened because both quit a few months after that because they didn't like getting in trouble for coming in late and going home early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back