Archived Dealing with schedule stuff on days off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I know I should probably know this by now, but obviously I don't! Usually I try to take care of scheduling stuff when I'm working (hence why I haven't encountered this issue before), but this time I forgot.

A coworker asked me to cover her shift, and said she'd take my shift in return. Simple enough. But she had already put the shift up for grabs on the swap board and I forgot to sign it saying I'd take it. Of course, I also forgot to put my own shift up there so that she could do the same. So basically, I forgot all the important stuff. Haha

I was going to stop by the store tomorrow to do that, but now I'm feeling kind of weird about it. If we aren't even allowed to access most of eHR from home, am I really "allowed" to be doing this on a day off? It feels so strange to think of going anywhere near TSC when I'm not wearing black & khaki...

Also, is there an easier way to go about swapping shifts that I just don't know about? Now I'm going to have to leave her a note on her apron or something to let her know that it's up there, so no one else takes it...

Just fill out a swap shift sheet and have her sign it. If she's not working when you go in either give it to an HR person or put it somewhere you know she'll see it. Just remember if she doesn't sign it then it's still your responsibility.

At my store people use Max, the Swap sheet, and the Schedules, while off the clock. No one has said anything so far.

I would just go in, sign it, ask HR to take care of the rest, and then leave. Not a big deal.

In the future you should just exchange numbers with whoever you're swap shifting. It makes it a bit easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back