Archived Different Deals Online vs in-store

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Spot have different deals online and in store but then honor online if it’s better? My husband was looking at a game system and it showed a gift card ($20 more than last weeks gift card offer on the same system). We went in to buy it and they honored the gift card when I (politely) asked beause as they explained (and I knew) I could do in store pickup and it would have worked. She did ring it up separate from the system though which I was confused by.

I just don’t get why they do this but then honor it in store. I felt bad asking about it but I know they same would have been done for a non TM.

(The deal was current and I showed it to her on my phone)

I know soda deals can be super different from one store to the next. I’m not sure why though...

A lot of the time it's because of the indvidual market the store is in. Prices are different from store to store because of local factors/competitor pricing, etc. If you're store is in a market with a high cost of living, you'll probably see lower prices on .com, possibly the other way around if you live out in the boonies.

Happens all the time, I tell guests that are bitching about the price of an item to check on Target.com because a lot of the time there is a difference, sometimes by as much as half off the in-store price.

But a gift card deal seems strange. It’s $50 so it’s well worth asking about but not everyone knows to do that.

I'm confused. The online price was different or the online price was the same but offered a free gift card as incentive?

We price match online prices but should not be matching incentives (or promo codes). We also use a Zebra to do price match, we don't use guests (or TMs) phones unless the DPCI can be matched perfectly. What you're describing sounds weird.

Yesterday i had someone, video game in store was $39.99 and online was $29.49 - but he was using the mobile wallet as well. He was expecting the $29.49 price, and he also wanted to use the 50% off cartwheel deal. It made me look stupid and frustrated when the food TL said it's ok to price match and cartwheel

I'm confused. The online price was different or the online price was the same but offered a free gift card as incentive?

We price match online prices but should not be matching incentives (or promo codes). We also use a Zebra to do price match, we don't use guests (or TMs) phones unless the DPCI can be matched perfectly. What you're describing sounds weird.
Item was the same price in store and online. Online there was a $50 gift card. I asked because if the gift card wasn’t in store than I would have ordered for in store pickup (which was available) and received the gift card. The top manager (Stl? - I’m bad at Spot titles) was the one who did it for me.

What? No. Cartwheel is only for in-store purchases. You don't get the online price match plus Cartwheel.
The food TL allowed it.. so did the STL but the STL arrived late once the food TL already said ok

GiftCards and any other online promotions that require a promo code cannot and should not be matched in store. Cartwheel deals in store often reflect promotions and online pricing, and needless to say Cartwheel can't be combined with a price match.

GiftCards and any other online promotions that require a promo code cannot and should not be matched in store. Cartwheel deals in store often reflect promotions and online pricing, and needless to say Cartwheel can't be combined with a price match.
When the price is the same online/in store then the gift card thing doesn’t make sense though.
That’s my point.

She checked it on her own device after I showed her on my phone.

I wasn’t trying to do anything sketchy. As the stl said then I could have just done in store pickup and needed a Tm to pull my order.

My local ad has soda 12 packs 4-4-$11. Online with instore pick up is 4-4-$8.88. So, let's pay a TM to pick the order *AND* sell it to the guest for 25% less.
The guests at my store got wise to that one real quick! I picked at least 60 cases of soda today.

The guests at my store got wise to that one real quick! I picked at least 60 cases of soda today.

Well, it's on most of those thrifty/good deal blogs so I would imagine it will only get worse as we get closer to the Super Bowl.

Why does Spot have different deals online and in store but then honor online if it’s better? My husband was looking at a game system and it showed a gift card ($20 more than last weeks gift card offer on the same system). We went in to buy it and they honored the gift card when I (politely) asked beause as they explained (and I knew) I could do in store pickup and it would have worked. She did ring it up separate from the system though which I was confused by.

I just don’t get why they do this but then honor it in store. I felt bad asking about it but I know they same would have been done for a non TM.

(The deal was current and I showed it to her on my phone)
Because as much as we push cartwheel and target.com and SFS a lot of people still either don't know or not aware the difference. I have people who see the cartwheel signs (I put up save 20% on this product on cartwheel signs all over pets when i stock pets when I do ad, because I love f***ing with the pet store nearby. They hate us now because we undercut them.) and they don't want to do the effort to get the app to get the cheaper price.

What? No. Cartwheel is only for in-store purchases. You don't get the online price match plus Cartwheel.
You can if they are in store. If they are smart enough to actually ask for it, we will generally give it to them because it makes them they we will do good deals and they come back. Those deals are rare.

Because as much as we push cartwheel and target.com and SFS a lot of people still either don't know or not aware the difference. I have people who see the cartwheel signs (I put up save 20% on this product on cartwheel signs all over pets when i stock pets when I do ad, because I love f***ing with the pet store nearby. They hate us now because we undercut them.) and they don't want to do the effort to get the app to get the cheaper price.

somebody seriously asked me if I could scan all of their items with our "store Cartwheel" because they didn't feel like downloading the app

um no

somebody seriously asked me if I could scan all of their items with our "store Cartwheel" because they didn't feel like downloading the app

um no
Omg hate when they do this. Or they’re like “is anything im buying on cartwheel” “I’m not sure” “you don’t know?” “There’s hundreds of deals that change weekly, so no.” “can you check” “I can’t be on my phone at work you can check if you want” *loud sigh* lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back