Archived Direct Deposit Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just recently started a job with Target, and I was supposed to be paid two weeks ago this Friday. I know that I officially was paid because I checked eHR and it said that my paycheck went through, however, I haven't received the money in my bank account yet (I signed up for direct deposit).

I double checked and made sure all of my information was correct, does it just take a while for direct deposit to go through? I asked someone at my bank and they said that direct deposit can take 4-6 weeks, that seems like an awfully long time. Is this just for the first paycheck, or does it mean that all of my pay periods are going to come in so late?

Thanks!

what mrknownothing said, until its fully set up (theres verification between the bank and employer to make sure its the right account) you will get a paper check, once its set up the money will be in your account at midnight friday morning(although your account may not show it till 8AM depending on your bank) or I believe if you have Target credit union you can get it on Wed of your pay week instead of Fri but it should show up the same day that you would normally be able to pick up your check

Greetings and salutations.
I remember getting a paper check the first time after setting up direct deposit as well.

When I signed up for direct deposit it took about another pay period for it to start working. They also deposited .01 into my account as a test to make sure that everything was setup right.

Yea, my first check was also a paper one. If it is a paper check, it says so on the paystub on ehr. There's a section on the stub that says "Net Pay Distribution." If it went into your bank account, it'll have your acct number down there, otherwise it'll say it was a check.

Once it's fully functioning, though, you might actually get your checks a day early. I get mine around 12am on Thursday mornings. When I was using Target CU (not a bad bank, I just really really love USAA, but if I couldn't be a member, I would've stayed with TCU) I'd get my check Wednesday night. Usually around 10pm or so.

Wait, if it's been two weeks, you should have your 2nd check now. Do you have your second check?

Thanks everyone for their responses! It looks like it just took until the second pay period. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back