Archived Discontinued and clearance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planosss

User friendly.
Hi team,
After merchandise has been discontinued, does it always go on clearance?
If so, how long does the store has to put those items on clearance and on floor? Is there a time limit after which discontinued merchandise can not be put in clearance, if so what happens to those clearance items? I understand they become salvage?
Does salvage merchandise go on the sweep trailer?
Thank you for your insights, in advance.

Hi team,
After merchandise has been discontinued, does it always go on clearance?
If so, how long does the store has to put those items on clearance and on floor? Is there a time limit after which discontinued merchandise can not be put in clearance, if so what happens to those clearance items? I understand they become salvage?
Does salvage merchandise go on the sweep trailer?
Thank you for your insights, in advance.
Depends sometimes discontinued will go clearance and sometimes they will go on a new planogram . Typically it will go clearance right before the new transition . Sometimes you will have underline d-code that would need to be mysupported because it didn’t fall into a batch . They stay on the sales floor till the 3rd markdown 70% then will go salvage next week. For example if today home decor gets marked 70% next Wednesday it will go salvage . All salvage goes on the sweep pallet .
However you want to flex your discontinued items to the floor before it would go clearance. Hence will help with the margins .

Who is responsible for putting discontinued items on clearance? And do discontinued items automatically go in to ->clearance->salvage? Or do they have to be scanned and manually put on clearance, then salvage. Also if they are salvage, do they have to be put in repacks and then on a pallet? Or can they be put on a pallet shrink wrapped?

Who is responsible for putting discontinued items on clearance? And do discontinued items automatically go in to ->clearance->salvage? Or do they have to be scanned and manually put on clearance, then salvage. Also if they are salvage, do they have to be put in repacks and then on a pallet? Or can they be put on a pallet shrink wrapped?
The system will create price change batches in the pda. They will need to manually be marked down 3 times before it goes salvage and when it goes salvage it will be done manually. Price change is in charge to ticket the items , and the sales floor are in charge of stocking it by either making endcap and so forth . Salvage can not go on repacks boxes . ( my team use the sterilite boxes for softlines items ) and any big items should be put on pallets and shrink wrap

Last edited:
The system will create price change batches in the pda. They will need to manually be marked down 3 times before it goes salvage and when it goes salvage it will be done manually. Price change is in charge to ticket the items , and the sales floor are in charge of stocking it by either making endcap and so forth . Salvage can not go on repacks boxes . ( my team use the sterilite boxes for softlines items ) and any big items should be put on pallets and shrink wrap
Thank you, my store is hoarding discontinued items. Its clogging up an already f***ed up backroom. I just wanted some information before I went batshit crazy on their asses. The hoarding ends NOW! ( tomarrow hopefully)

Thank you, my store is hoarding discontinued items. Its clogging up an already f***ed up backroom. I just wanted some information before I went batshit crazy on their asses. The hoarding ends NOW! ( tomarrow hopefully)
With the 13 steps you should take all d-code out . Why you still have it in the back? Force your sales floor tl to push it out before clearance . Best practice is to sell it at the full price.

With the 13 steps you should take all d-code out . Why you still have it in the back? Force your sales floor tl to push it out before clearance . Best practice is to sell it at the full price.
If our backroom did 13 steps and pulled it, I would gladly push and flex it. Instead, decode is considered sales floor TLs problem. When it’s not back to school/Halloween/Christmas, this isn’t a huge deal. But from August-December, yeah right. It ends up going clearance and becomes price changes problem.

If our backroom did 13 steps and pulled it, I would gladly push and flex it. Instead, decode is considered sales floor TLs problem. When it’s not back to school/Halloween/Christmas, this isn’t a huge deal. But from August-December, yeah right. It ends up going clearance and becomes price changes problem.
How is the backroom get away without pulling it? And yes it is the salesfloor tl job to push it out.

Yeah it’s apart of the 13 steps so if they’re completing all the steps they should be pulling all disco items.

BUT! When there is no payroll what do you do? Or DC decides to dump on you 100 eaches of the same DPCI? Then what?

BUT! When there is no payroll what do you do? Or DC decides to dump on you 100 eaches of the same DPCI? Then what?
13 steps is first priority for all the stores. I have to send pictures to dtl. So I don’t do shit for anyone unless my 13 steps are done

Our discontinued, not on planogram stuff was kept unlocated in 12 feet of backroom space ignored for so many years most of it became NOF. STL finally decided to damage a bunch of it out just to recover some space but there is still a lot there and backroom adds to it more every day. Different people who don’t have the time have been asked to deal with it but we are always too busy doing other things assigned because we received no extra hours to clean it out. Same with the fixture room, no one has extra cleaning time so it gets worse and worse.

The thing with 12 Steps is that with the modernization there is absolutely no time to do it correctly. Our store fakes it out every time, pretty much just making the valleys look pretty to send pictures out. When we actually did 12 steps properly we had carts of d-code and old NOP stuff sit for over a week waiting to be pushed.

Our electronics stockroom is absolutely full of d-code crap and even if we did pull it there would be no place to fit it out.

The thing with 12 Steps is that with the modernization there is absolutely no time to do it correctly. Our store fakes it out every time, pretty much just making the valleys look pretty to send pictures out. When we actually did 12 steps properly we had carts of d-code and old NOP stuff sit for over a week waiting to be pushed.

Our electronics stockroom is absolutely full of d-code crap and even if we did pull it there would be no place to fit it out.
You shouldn’t pull d-code out of electronics . That’s one place you want to leave it alone so mir batches will be created and dropped

Is this a 12 Step or a 13 Step process?

Is this a 12 Step or a 13 Step process?
a different thread:
1.has item merge been completed
2. Is daily audit done.
3.empty location audit
4.labels scannable
5.profile accurate
6.wrong fillgroups pulled
7.correct fillgroup paper up.
8.nop pulled and mysuporrted.
9.stuff that's been there forever pulled and pushed??
10.partial casepacks pulled and stod correctly
11.low and pro
12.and overstock identified and plan to do with it.
Maybe not in the correct order.
Thanks
Lazy

From another thread about discontinued books:
Get with the receiver and see what their situation is with book MIRs. And keep them backstocked. Those books might be popping up on MIRs but if they're discontinued they're probably showing up on the salesfloor batch as "Not Located," (Or is it "No Locations?" I can't remember now) aka "Time for a scavenger hunt."

There's some hope: I think it's every week the top 100 stores for NOP books get a nice and big MIR. They're a pain in the ass to work but they can move a lot of books out of the store. I think I had one once that ended up being 12 full boxes for pickup.
Thanks
Cirlce9

My store
From another thread about discontinued books:
Get with the receiver and see what their situation is with book MIRs. And keep them backstocked. Those books might be popping up on MIRs but if they're discontinued they're probably showing up on the salesfloor batch as "Not Located," (Or is it "No Locations?" I can't remember now) aka "Time for a scavenger hunt."

There's some hope: I think it's every week the top 100 stores for NOP books get a nice and big MIR. They're a pain in the ass to work but they can move a lot of books out of the store. I think I had one once that ended up being 12 full boxes for pickup.
Thanks
Cirlce9
My store has books that sit there in the back for 6 or so months and are never on a MIR. I use to go through and purge them and have the receiver send them back for credit.

Then they started sending the books back. I my supported it and they said they only take back readerlink. That made me laugh because those were the books I was sending back.

I was running out of room to backstock them before I went on leave. I can only imagine what it looks like now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back