Archived do cart attendants ever get promoted

Status
Not open for further replies.
noo just check ehr for job postings and apply within to get promoted. Ask about back room and flow they always need TM's.

FA is all about cleanliness so keeping things clean is number 1 priority.

Depends.. it can be done but if you're good and reliable, they won't want you leave that position because it's hard to find a good CA. I know one guy threatened to quit after being promised a move to the service desk... he stopped waiting after four months and suddenly, miraculously, out of the blue a new SD position opened up.

All our good CAs get stolen & moved to other areas, leaving mostly bottom-feeders.

Last edited:
One of my SrTLs was a cart attendant when I was hired.

As a cart attendant, you'll be expected to know how to cash as well. Pick up cashier shifts and do your best. Provide excellent service, use your empowerment tools, VIBE with guests, and of course get Red Cards. If you do well as a cashier, your GSTL may want to have you at the service desk. Keep performing well and you could eventually work your way up to GSA, which could serve as a stepping stone to leadership.

Another way is to learn other workcenters around the store (sales floor, electronics, backroom, grocery/P-Fresh, etc.) and become more global. This can get you on the radar of more leaders outside the front end.

If I stayed at my original store...then YES. I started out as cashier then GS and then was asked to take on Cart Attendant duties. And I was getting heavy hours and my ETL-GS at the time was pushing me to become TL after I graduated college. But I had other plans that made me transfer.

I know two guys who were CAs one is now a GSA and the other was GSA and is now part of AP so yea it IS possible for a CA to get promoted as long as you do the work and apply to get promoted.

I've seen them get promoted.. look for an area you'd like to move to and start a conversation with that Team Lead. Please PLEASE don't tell them the reason you want to move is for more hours. We all want more hours. It's like telling an interviewer you want to be hired for a paycheck.

Most of our ca who can handle cashiering or reshop have moved into salesfloor or guest service positions. We've got quite a few who can't cashier though which kind of restricts your choices for movement.

Ok I know how to cashier I even get called in to do them.but I hate cashier duty

join the club mate i absoutly dispise cashiering, but hours are hours

I started out as CA and got promoted to GSA - so yes your hard work CAN pay off ;)

More importantly though you need to fit in with the team.

My STL started as cart attendant when he was 16. More recently our cart attendant was promoted to deli team lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back