Archived Do Cashiers Clean Bathrooms?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had to report...
The WallyWorld near me had to close down their backstore restrooms because they had a full blowout running back into the backroom resulting from cracked septic lines down in the concrete.
💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

In? Or under? If the pipes really are in the concrete, that's going to be one hell of a repair job and they may just opt for permanent closure.

if you wear a target name badge it is your responsibility to help keep the restrooms clean. no one is talking about scrubbing shit stains off or mopping up urine. But if you go in to pee and the tp is empty, fill it. that’s only decency. if paper towels are on the floor, pick them up. i cannot believe anyone is shallow enough to say it’s beneath them. I would term your behind and fix the problem, cause now it’s ABOVE your unemployed behind

I’m a SRTL and I have a brand attendant that won’t clean blood or vomit so I have to help all the time but even as a TPS I had too

I am a guest advocate who used to be a GSA and I still have to clean the bathrooms
Omg I love your signature we just started pick up last week and I want to lose it when I hear that damn horn or even worse being near the equipment room when it goes off

Reactions: Dog
i still clean the bathrooms since my store refuses to say goodbye to the GSA position. the bathrooms suck because it’s always the women’s and our other GSAs are men, so they’ll just find me to do it every single time. when it’s a men’s room issue, they just make the cart attendant do it.

one day i will probably lose it because females are nasty and i technically don’t have bodily fluid training.

I never once cleaned the restroom as a GSA or cashier. not "real" cleaning anyway. I definitely refilled paper towel dispensers or restocked toilet paper as a GSA, but any actual proper cleaning was always done by a Cart Attendant. An intern cleaned it once too. I remember him telling me at the time that it was bad, but that he felt he should do it rather than ask me to (he and I were the only two people that could watch the lanes as there were like 5-6 employees total in the store at the time) since he didn't think I was paid enough to have to deal with disgusting restrooms.

An "intern?" Working and not getting paid???

I always thought being an intern wasn't a paid position, but I see I was wrong.

I heard by law that an unpaid intern can have only duties that are educational, and if part of the education actually costs the company money (having to hire someone to take care of tasks that isn't educational to the intern for example) the company has to eat it. A lot of companies though play fast and loose with educational tasks, but if they get caught, ouch. If a company wants an intern to do tasks that have nothing to do with education, they have to pay them compensation.

And, be honest, what person is going to save up a year or two worth of all living expenses (rent, food, utilities, etc) to intern at Target at the store level? Someone with the means to not draw a salary for an internship length is probably going to set their sights on something equivalent to interning at corporate or Wall Street.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back