Archived Do I have a chance @ being rehired?

Do I have a chance of being rehired?

• I think so!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I doubt it.

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
Its my first time posting here, and I'm aware this is probably a frequently asked questions, but I wonder if I had a chance of rehire due to my circumstances when fired.

I'm a well experienced part-time retail employee, have a great resume, and have always overall been a good worker. The first and only time I've ever been fired has been at Target, and it came as a complete shock.

I was on relatively good terms with everyone except one LOD- but she has been known around the store as a problem anyway so it wasnt me that was the issue. I was fired due to a final write up after being with the company for a year.

-My first write up was a common mistake (my schedule changed and I didnt realize it- accidental NCNS).
-My second write up was a guest complaint, in short a coworker said something to me that a guest overheard and claimed was inappropriate (wasnt really) but guest embellished a good bit and LODs said they didnt want to write us up but guest perception was important.
-My third and final write up that resulted in my termination I tried to bring to home office but never heard anything back- prior to my shift beginning I notified my LODS my father was in the hospital and I'd need to answer any text if he or my mother sent one with updates on his condition. They said this wasnt an issue as long as it was off floor. I was working food Avenue and the day was pretty slow, I got a text about 3hrs into my shift from my mother and stepped back to quickly answer- food ave was empty. Not but 1min in the back of food avenue a GSA runs back there and says a guest was waiting for me for a 'long time' which was impossible due to I'd only been back there for about 1 to 2 mins. I said "oops. Sorry!" Then proceeded to help the guest. I never heard anything about it again until 2 weeks later when my LOD and STL pull me in the back and fire me for my last write up which was being on my phone in food ave. I cried and even offered to show my texts to prove it was about my father in hospital and they didnt care. The LOD said sorry his hands were tied and I was let go.

That was all a year and a half ago, and honestly I wish I could work back at Target. Besides those tiny things I didnt have any incidents and I liked the company. Its next to my house, and my boyfriend works there so it would be easy for us to carpool.

Is there any chance of me getting rehired? Am I rehirable? How do I find out?

I would try to look for employment elsewhere. You were fired for a conduct issue and if your store still has the same leadership or HR team they will remember and you are also likely marked as not rehireable in the system. The only way to know is to call your store, ask for HR and see if they can tell you your status - no one on this forum will know whether or not you will be able to get a job there :) good luck

It would very likely require a while new leadership team that doesn’t know you AND a HR Leader that is sympathetic to situations like yours. My last ETL was a hard no on talking to a nonrehireable TM but my current one is all for it. I’ve learned to roll with it. If your store still has the same Leaders you’re probably going to have to learn how to keep on rolling. 🤷‍♀️

Well funny enough the STL of the store left shortly after I was terminated and there is a completely new STL. Some of the LODS have changed but not too many. Everyone is always really friendly to me when I come in so I dont think theres any hard feelings persay. I'm kind of confused also on the rehireable/non-rehirable situation as well since shortly after being fired I had called home office and one lady told me I was rehireable , while another told me 'we cant release that info'. I'm hoping that since it's been a year and a half they'd be interested in reconsidering me? I just dont know how to approach it... like if I can go in and speak to the STL one on one with HR or what.

I mean I moved on like 1 week after being fired I took an old shift leading position i worked in prior for 4 years- however the commute kills me as a college kid. I'm 30min away from the job I'm currently at wether it's from home or college. Where as the Target in question is 5mins from my home and school.

It's been a conversation lately between my boyfriend and I on trying to get rehired I just have no clue how to aproach it if that makes sense.
@JAShands @Dog

Stop contemplating and apply - it’s the only way to know for sure. You could have tried and got your answer already. HOW you do it probably won’t effect the answer. It’s probably a yes or a no, WE know less than you. Keep in mind that past advice has been “careful what you wish for”.

Go in and talk to whoever is in charge of HR, whether it’s an ETL or a HRTL. Tell them your situation, tell them you’d like to come back, and then give them a chance to talk to the SD/HRBP, because they’ll have to have a conversation first.

Go in and talk to whoever is in charge of HR, whether it’s an ETL or a HRTL. Tell them your situation, tell them you’d like to come back, and then give them a chance to talk to the SD/HRBP, because they’ll have to have a conversation first.
Thank you. I'll try that. :)

Most likely you won’t be rehired. There good places that are better and more understanding than Tarshit. They unfortunately don’t give a fuck about you or the your dad’s hospitalization they only care about the stores needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back