Archived Do I have what it takes? ETL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi thatguy, it's sounds like yoy gave great experience. First, thank you for your service! !!! I have worked for many retailerd. Target pay is very low. I'm sure it does depend on the size of the store, but our ETLs only make $40 to $45k.

I have yet to figure out how to correctly respond to "Thank you for your service." I often think that I should be thanking people such as yourself for supporting the troops, thank you! In regards to pay, I assume it depends on the area and cost of living... The campus recruiters were advertising 46, I don't if people really received that amount with no experience but who knows...

Last edited:
The quick & easy method is an unlocked door.
As in "You left a door unlocked".
Hard to disprove short of having a witness who SAW you lock the door but then it becomes a different door on a different night.

That is DIRTY...

Store cultures vary wildly. Just try it out. You don't have much to lose really.

I have a ton to lose because I have a mortgage, car payments, a couple of kids, a wife (stay at home mother), and all that big boy stuff. I do have a lot to gain though!! I look forward to the experience and hope to gain a lot from Target! Only time will tell...

Do you have a Costco anywhere close by?
And if you do, have you looked into a position there?
I know if the closest one wasn't 25 miles away I'd be applying tomorrow.

my old ETL was exactly like that, he was the best before he got promoted, now we have ETLs who dont do $hit and abuse their authority half the time.

whatever you do, PLEASE dont look down on your team members, yea they could be in a sense "below you" but were all on the same boat, just remember that.

Thanks, I'll do my best to be like your old ETL... I don't ever think anyone is below me... I started with nothing and worked my way up so I know exactly how it is.

Do you have a Costco anywhere close by?
And if you do, have you looked into a position there?
I know if the closest one wasn't 25 miles away I'd be applying tomorrow.

LOL... Yeah, it is next door to Target... I did notice in another thread that you suggested Costco to someone else for the health benefits... Do you know someone who works there?

The pay is better, health insurance is way way better, very supportive upper management, same old BS in many ways of course, but there are some very good articles on how Costco is taking a different approach to taking care of their people which my friend seems to back up by in large.

Store cultures vary wildly. Just try it out. You don't have much to lose really.

I have a ton to lose because I have a mortgage, car payments, a couple of kids, a wife (stay at home mother), and all that big boy stuff. I do have a lot to gain though!! I look forward to the experience and hope to gain a lot from Target! Only time will tell...

What I meant is that you will likely do well enough to stay around. Therefore you will be getting paid. The real sticking point will be whether you like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back