Archived Do I just have to check mytime daily??? changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I got all vamped up when I saw I have 38 hours next week, hours have been sporadic..anywhere from 10-20. This was yesterday, look again today to print it and totally changed...down to 13 hours, different days/shifts. Do I just need to look every day and never know my schedule, how often do they change it once posted? Yes, I'll look at the paper schedule in the store when I go in but just wondering if this is an issue I need to learn to live with or if it's abnormal?

If they've posted the paper schedule that's set. MyTime can and does change. Always go by the paper schedule. If they change your schedule they'really required to notify you. Depending on your state, they may or may not be required to ask your permission before cutting a shift.

If they've posted the paper schedule that's set. MyTime can and does change. Always go by the paper schedule. If they change your schedule they'really required to notify you. Depending on your state, they may or may not be required to ask your permission before cutting a shift.
I've always been told the opposite....to go by MyTime. Many times, it's updated, but the paper schedule isn't.

MyTime is updated and the paper isn't, but mytime is also prone to glitches and errors if you're viewing it outside the store. I've had MyTime tell me I'm working 46 hours in a week before, and I've had it show incorrect times. It's safer to go by the posted schedule, unless you're in store looking at mytime.

One problem with checking it from MyTime is that if the schedule isn't done on time (Thursday at noon) it will publish whatever is in the system. When your TL or ETL finishes the schedule it is then posted on the wall. When we are late with posting the schedule we tell the team to go based on the paper copy on the wall not MyTime.

Our store rarely updates the paper schedule once it's initially printed, so if your schedule changes, you're screwed. Case in point....as of right now, our paper schedule shows me working 12/24 4-9, but pharmacy is only open until 5. MyTime shows my correct shift, which is 10-5.

Moral of the story, check both. If they differ, check with HR. Which one is more accurate depends on your store.

Wasn't being able to check our schedules from home one of the talking points during the MyTime rollout? Also, is anyone else tired of making excuses for all things web related @ Spot being completely unreliable?

Last edited:
The paper schedule is the one you can always fall back on. You shouldn't get in trouble for following that one.

I've had the opposite. I've been scheduled over my max hours (availability) consistently when the new schedule comes out. I've asked my ETL-HR to change it but the changes are only reflected online. The paper schedule is never updated. I've always gone by the online schedule.

I'll go in today and check the paper schedule. According to online, I'm not scheduled until Sunday. Original posted schedule was Wed-Sun 38 hours, then it changed to the exact schedule I had this week...Sun-Tues 13 hours. Seriously confusing.

There was a period when the schedule on my phone reflected a day different for every shift. Even MyTime at the store was correct, but the phone site was off. And before anyone asks, yes, I was looking at the correct week. But everyday was pushed off by one.

Once again, it seems like this is a case of ASANTS. My ETL has told me to ALWAYS follow what the computer says because, as I said, our HR usually doesn't update the printed schedule in the TSC. OR, we go by what our printed schedule in the pharmacy says because WE update that one (which only has pharmacy TMs on it....although that one isn't even 100% accurate all the time, either :oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back