Archived Do TMs sometimes throw boxes at other team members your in anger during an unload?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They should get fired for that. People need to control their emotions. Not to mention the safety issues, liability, ...yada yada yada.

Jokingly I could understand. Like "here catch". But violence? Nah, doesn't belong in the workplace.

I don't know how it works during unloading. I work on the sales floor. I know the people in receiving and the backroom have their own cultures. They have more attitude. Seemingly "tougher". Breaking balls, like they say in the Sopranos. Seems. Judging is bad, but we're all human.

Last edited:
No, that's at the very least a write-up and possibly depending on the situation a candidate for a termination.

As a backroom team member I know things are a little more loose, but my team has never thrown anything at each other unless it's like a pillow or toilet paper and that is always just in jest.

No, that's at the very least a write-up and possibly depending on the situation a candidate for a termination.

As a backroom team member I know things are a little more loose, but my team has never thrown anything at each other unless it's like a pillow or toilet paper and that is always just in jest.

TL's and ETL's were present when it happened both times. They did nothing. I would take it further, but I'm in the process of trying to get another career. I'm sick of dealing with the angry of Chicago.

TL's and ETL's were present when it happened both times. They did nothing. I would take it further, but I'm in the process of trying to get another career. I'm sick of dealing with the angry of Chicago.

You need to talk your etl-hr & stl without delay. Document events.

honestly, this is why the hotline exists. i know it gets a bad rap, but seriously. if etls are ignoring throwing boxes i would call in a heartbeat. that behavior is unacceptable in anger, and certainly immature and needs redirection if it was done in fun. either way it should never happen twice.

No one in my store has thrown boxes in anger at each other. I am surprised your ETLs haven't done anything about it. Highly unprofessional. ETLs and the team members in question.

honestly, this is why the hotline exists. i know it gets a bad rap, but seriously. if etls are ignoring throwing boxes i would call in a heartbeat. that behavior is unacceptable in anger, and certainly immature and needs redirection if it was done in fun. either way it should never happen twice.

It is better for you to talk to stl or etl-hr on that issue. Hotline makes you a target.

correct. and if they do not take it seriously, then hotline. can't even imagine putting up with someone throwing something at me at work...out of anger... and having an ETL not address.

Note that you can also go to your AP store leader with threats of workplace violence. AP and HR are the two main people you want to talk to. Personally as an APL I take WPV pretty seriously and run it up the chain as soon as possible.

TL's & ETL's have one goal... to finish as quickly as possible so they can look good.

TM's are expendable and the bottom line for this company is how much you can squeeze out of any employee before they move on so they can hire someone who will work even cheaper than the last poor slob did.

No loyalty in Target.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back