Archived do you automatically fail your interview if they have to probe for more info?

• Thread starter TargetHopeful2012
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TargetHopeful2012

If i answer a question and they ask for an elaboration... Does that mean i automatically failed/lost points?

It is suggested to stay in one thread. You are asking the same questions in various threads.

For this questiom i am particularly referring to the questions being asked during the interview.. For example if I'm asked "tell me about a time you took accountability at work" and i answer the question and the interviewer asks me for more information to elaborate something like "so what did you do wrong what did you miss in this situation?" Idk that wasn't the exact question that I was asked but I just wanted you to have an idea of what I meant by probing. if the interview or has to probe like that does that mean that I said something wrong, they took points off?

Okay, dude, seriously. You need to relax. Caaaaalm down. You aren't interviewing for Top Secret security clearance or something, this isn't a life-or-death situation. You really need to stop looking at the small details. Don't focus so hard on the trees that you can't see the forest.

On this question: If they don't ask you probing questions, THEY have failed the interview. No initial answer should ever be enough. Even if they get as much as they wanted to from the question, they need to ask you more and find out how you respond to followups, whether or not you can think on your feet, etc. An interviewee who has the greatest answers in the world prepared, but can't elaborate or tell the interviewer about the situation from a different angle, is an interviewee who shouldn't be hired. And an interviewer who doesn't try to find out if that's the kind of an interviewee he's dealing with has no place being an interviewer.

Okay, dude, seriously. You need to relax. Caaaaalm down. You aren't interviewing for Top Secret security clearance or something, this isn't a life-or-death situation. You really need to stop looking at the small details. Don't focus so hard on the trees that you can't see the forest.

On this question: If they don't ask you probing questions, THEY have failed the interview. No initial answer should ever be enough. Even if they get as much as they wanted to from the question, they need to ask you more and find out how you respond to followups, whether or not you can think on your feet, etc. An interviewee who has the greatest answers in the world prepared, but can't elaborate or tell the interviewer about the situation from a different angle, is an interviewee who shouldn't be hired. And an interviewer who doesn't try to find out if that's the kind of an interviewee he's dealing with has no place being an interviwer.

thank you lol. I think I just felt uneasy about the interview because I have become used to target's management being friendly and having some sort of personality, but this particular interviewer wasnt like that at all. I was trying to build rapport as I always do an interviews, and one question that I asked was how long he has been with the company and he was like "i don't know.. a long time... It has been a while". Then I asked him what the top 3 qualities are that they look for and he said "that changes from day to day". most people I have spoken with sound like they are excited to work for the company and they have so much to say, but he was just very short and I figured that I must have done something wrong so I started picking apart my interview

thank you lol. I think I just felt uneasy about the interview because I have become used to target's management being friendly and having some sort of personality, but this particular interviewer wasnt like that at all. I was trying to build rapport as I always do an interviews, and one question that I asked was how long he has been with the company and he was like "i don't know.. a long time... It has been a while". Then I asked him what the top 3 qualities are that they look for and he said "that changes from day to day". most people I have spoken with sound like they are excited to work for the company and they have so much to say, but he was just very short and I figured that I must have done something wrong so I started picking apart my interview

He probably had a huge workload waiting for him once he was done with you and just didn't want the interview to go longer than absolutely necessary..

They wanted to know if you were willing to blame someone else for your failures while simultaneously making lunch plans on channel 3.

Lol, yeah I can see that being the point of the question.. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back