Archived Do you get Spot Envy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever go to a different store and be jealous of their set-up/volume/staff/whatever?

I was vacationing near my old home the other week and we stopped by a Super that just opened up within the last three or four years. Gosh, it was pretty. I'm a PFresh PA so just seeing the whole huge grocery section was like, incredible, haha. So much freakin' product. It would be fun but also crazy!

I think I would love working at a Super but our closest one is prob 45 minutes away and I hate commuting. But I'm still kinda jealous, lol.

Oh, and I'm insanely jealous of any store that has rear access milk shelves. Pushing out two flats of milk a shift kills me. :p

Ever go to a different store and be jealous of their set-up/volume/staff/whatever?

I was vacationing near my old home the other week and we stopped by a Super that just opened up within the last three or four years. Gosh, it was pretty. I'm a PFresh PA so just seeing the whole huge grocery section was like, incredible, haha. So much freakin' product. It would be fun but also crazy!

I think I would love working at a Super but our closest one is prob 45 minutes away and I hate commuting. But I'm still kinda jealous, lol.

Oh, and I'm insanely jealous of any store that has rear access milk shelves. Pushing out two flats of milk a shift kills me. :p

Ya whats even more fun is when Pfresh is on the opposite side of your backroom and you have to push out those flats =)

Indeed... our dairy cooler is just about as far away from the milk section as it could possibly be, and still remain in the store. Always hated doing the milk... Always had to warn people when I went to get an item for them so I wouldn't think I'd abandoned them.

Yeah, there is a store by my house that does approximately 2x the sales as my store. They get all the cool designer stuff in that my store gets skipped over for. On top of that, one night in October (towards the beginning of seasonal hiring), they had 25 people closing! My store had 5. On the whole sales floor. 5. Most of the 25 were trainees, but still, seriously?

Agreed. I go to the other store, not far from me to figure out what fixtures/sales planners I am missing. Also, the fact that only 2 tm's ask me cihyfs.

I don't like to shop in my store on my day off so I shop other stores. I have spot envy, also. I'm envious of the fact that these people are just standing around with nothing to do while I'm busting my butt all day every day for the same $$.

I walked into a spot sometime before Christmas to grab something, and on my way past the dollar spot, I noticed the entire thing was immaculate...not a single item out of order. I nearly cried.

I saw another one of our stores that is fairly new (just from the outside)...has the carts go in the middle between the in and out doors...guest service right next to the door, and it looked like you could easily get actual carts behind the service desk without nearly killing yourself.

My Spot fits like a glove for me...it's sort of "home" knowing where most things are, the team members, etc. But there are still things I'd love to have.

Though, I am not envious of most of the stores around me that have the "Expect More. Pay Less." on the side of their building. I would totally roll my eyes out of my head if I had to see that every time I approached the building.

I have to admit I sure would like to have a Starbucks.

I thought if my Spot had one, they all would! I don't use ours much, but about every other week I will grab something, and especially in the winter they will requisition drinks for the team for huddle or whatnot.

I walked into a spot sometime before Christmas to grab something, and on my way past the dollar spot, I noticed the entire thing was immaculate...not a single item out of order. I nearly cried.

I saw another one of our stores that is fairly new (just from the outside)...has the carts go in the middle between the in and out doors...guest service right next to the door, and it looked like you could easily get actual carts behind the service desk without nearly killing yourself.

My Spot fits like a glove for me...it's sort of "home" knowing where most things are, the team members, etc. But there are still things I'd love to have.

Though, I am not envious of most of the stores around me that have the "Expect More. Pay Less." on the side of their building. I would totally roll my eyes out of my head if I had to see that every time I approached the building.

You sure you weren't dreaming that? :\ Dollar spot immaculate? I think the only time ours has ever been immaculate was the day before we opened our doors for the first time over 6 yrs ago. Never since. It's just so hard to imagine.

I've only seen our One Spot immaculate once, and that was after I spent an entire shift zoning it to planogram. It was trashed the next day, and I swore never again, lol.

Spot Envy? I've visited other stores in my district, and despite how dysfunctional my store's leadership can be, I must say I'd much rather be at my own store.

When we have TLs and ETLs training at my store, I feel bad that they have to work in the other stores.

Maybe POG had just reset One Spot.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

The closest store to mine usually looks really good in One Spot.....of course they only have 1/2 the space for it, and about 1/10th the product.......

I worked at 3 stores that were all at different levels. At my first store, it was the leader store of my district at the time. It was nice but fast pace. It went through a remodel when I first started. So if something broke or needed something done, it got done quick. Great payroll numbers and staffed well.

Then the Super I worked. It was very tiddy and clean. The DC was the next town over. But it seemed like it a hierarchy set up for all positions. The prime positions other than ETLs was backroom. Backroom had very time laid out pulls that had to be pushed. Everyone had to help and work them. Then at the bottom were cart attendants they were abused to do all sorts of trivial tasks.

My last store which I transferred to and out numerous times. It was built in 1995. It had no remodels or anything were done except for the bathrooms in order to meet code. If something broke, it would take 2 weeks or more for a service tech to come look at it. Payroll was ok when it was the only store within a 2hr drive. Then 2 new stores were built, and then payroll was flushed down the toilet. 2 closing TMs for the entire floor. No more than 2 cashiers at all times. It was constantly damp and had moisture problems being next to a creek and the bottom of a steep hill.

I experienced this just this past weekend. I was visiting my fiance's family (since we couldn't go down for Christmas, ahem) and we went to 4 area Targets, all of which have recently been remodeled. It made me so jealous it was almost maddening. We both work in a store that was built in 2000 and hasn't seen a single remodel of any kind since. It was like we went in a time machine to some futuristic land we couldn't comprehend.

They don't have their cameras locked up like we do. Boy, it must be nice to not have to stand there and wait with a guest that just wants to look at a camera (that they usually don't buy because we're out of stock anyway). Their accessories can actually be set using the correct fixtures since they have the correct gondolas. We use these crappy old ones that the new fixtures called out on the planograms don't work with so we have to make do with what we have.

Our store is old and crappy and full of dust. No matter how much we clean it just keeps coming back. Everything we have is old and yellow and nasty looking. It really sucked coming back to my store this morning after being in those new ones. I've been told we're getting remodeled soon for 3 years now...hopefully it actually happens soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back