Archived Do you get your red and khaki pressed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the rather "iffy" aspects of my clothes from being in the backroom all the time help to deter the questions when I can see them trying to figure out whether or not to ask me something, but then again, I probably get more questions because they figure I know where everything is if I'm back there....

Now with the new handbook, (it mentions that you can wear any solid color pants, perferably khaki) I have seen so many pants that should just not be worn.

One girl wore stretch leggings.
Eek!

Logistics is dirty work..after an unload, only 1 hour in to my day and sometimes I'm already a mess haha. And Receiving ..I cant tell you how messy that work center is, unless you've done it you have no idea.

Ha, I'm lucky if my clothes aren't wrinkled from pulling them out of the dryer two days after I originally dried 'em. :p

There are *weeks* that I dress out of my dryer. When you work six or seven days straight with a couple of clopens mixed in, my store is lucky that my clothes are clean, much less wrinkle free.

I have a couple pairs of khakis that look wrinkled regardless of HOW I clean them so I don't even bother anymore (not that I really bothered much before)

Had to wash my aprons because they were starting to look like menu boards for all the drinks/foods I'd prepped.
One coworker's apron looked like a mocha bucket threw up on it.

^^ See, I always washed my apron every time I did laundry (which was at least once a week). I even had two so I could swap them out when they got dirty. But a few of my coworkers never washed their aprons; in fact I'm pretty sure at least one apron was never washed in the entire 1.5 years I worked there. The thing was practically stiff. *shudder*

LOL, You guys are so american :p Over in Europe, They don't own Dryers. They own Front Loaders, that we load daily with clothes (they only hold 2 cubic feet, vs 5 feet (american) and we hang everything outside, or in our laundry rooms. Heck, most homes have there washers in there Kitchen :p Not even a separate room.

Now that I'm american, I feel Lazy at the thought of ever using my dryer (I got talked into buying one, when I was buying the washer at Lowes) So I pretty much never use the thing, besides for Sheets, Towels.

I think the biggest benefit is, Clothes are washed the day there stained. Stains never get a chance to get set-in ;)

^^ See, I always washed my apron every time I did laundry (which was at least once a week). I even had two so I could swap them out when they got dirty. But a few of my coworkers never washed their aprons; in fact I'm pretty sure at least one apron was never washed in the entire 1.5 years I worked there. The thing was practically stiff. *shudder*

Clothes become stiffed from being washed in Hard Water. Downy normally covers this up, by leaving a nasty oily animal fat film on your Clothes. Yes.. Nasty, but it does a really good job.

I've heard Vinger can wash out those Mineral Deposits, returning your clothes to Soft, Original state, but I've never tried it.

Born American and only used a dryer for five years when it was winter and that was a long time ago. Sun-dried clothes are much nicer and more sanitary.
About 1 cup of white vinegar in the wash but experiment as water ph is different everywhere. We also put about 1/2 cup baking soda in too when doing whites as that's also a natural and cheap sanitizer.
Dryers are too expensive to operate!

Born American and only used a dryer for five years when it was winter and that was a long time ago. Sun-dried clothes are much nicer and more sanitary.
About 1 cup of white vinegar in the wash but experiment as water ph is different everywhere. We also put about 1/2 cup baking soda in too when doing whites as that's also a natural and cheap sanitizer.
Dryers are too expensive to operate!

There are some things I refuse to hang outside, as they can fade easily, but your right, it's much cheaper, and well, it's authentic outdoor scent :p Not Chemical Flowers, whatever.

Vinegar (from what I've researched) acts as a acid, which, kills off the alkalinity of your detergent, making it less effective. It is however, amazing to add in during the rinse cycle, because it kills off the detergent, and removes the stuff that makes the clothing stiff in the first place :)

And as for Whitening, the Powder, "Tide Vivid White + Bleach Alternative" (god that's a mouthful) is really good. It leaves everything a nice, beautiful hue of White :) No Chlorine Smell & No Fading.

They own Front Loaders, that we load daily with clothes (they only hold 2 cubic feet, vs 5 feet (american)

Don't they take 2 or 3 hours to run?

Nah.. My Front Loader takes about 1:35 minutes on Normal Wash, Heavy Soil. 55 Minutes on Normal Cycle, Normal Soil.

I normally hit "Heavy Soil" just for the heck of it :p

Edit-

If I turn on "Boil Wash" (Water gets heated up to 180*) it adds about 20 minutes to the wash load.. I normally don't use it for anything, but, If I needed something to be super sanitary, it's there :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back