Archived Do you have problems with these coupons too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dutifulTM

Cashier
Is it just me or do certain coupons NEVER seem to work, EVEN when the guest DOES have the correct item. :|

Main culprits that come to mind are the Revlon Beauty Tools, hair dye coupons and aussie/herbal essence (? whatever brand is often paired with aussie) ones.

Actually, it seems the only Revlon coupons that never seem to work are Target's catalina ones (and I think they are considered target coupons?) I've had no problem scanning thru the ones that came from ads or clippable 'pons... u_u

I have that problem too, particularly with the cosmetics coupons that don't have the UPC-type barcode but only have the stacked barcodes. I've seen the Aussie/Herbal Essences/whatever brand issue a few times too. Dang coups...

Yep, I have trouble with the make-up. I also find that the Target web coupons often don't work. It is embarrassing when the web coupons don't work....makes Target look like they don't know what they are doing.

The web coups probably aren't legit anyways.

A lot of them are completely legit. I've printed some from the Tgt website and I know that I have the right product but the register can't find it. For some reason they are not tied in to the product. It happens a lot with the meat coupons that our meat dept puts on the meat themselves. It can be extremely frustrating.

I know Target's website has printable coupons, but there are a lot of sites that generate fake ones and allow you to print multiple copies. Since it's the internet, I would imagine it's extremely difficult to track down the people responsible and shut down the sites. That's what I was referring to when I said the web coups probably aren't legit.

I know Target's website has printable coupons, but there are a lot of sites that generate fake ones and allow you to print multiple copies. Since it's the internet, I would imagine it's extremely difficult to track down the people responsible and shut down the sites. That's what I was referring to when I said the web coups probably aren't legit.

True this^.
During the "Speed Racer" release several yrs ago, there was a gift card with a USB plug that you could use to download (among other things) a coupon that was $5 off any toy purchase $25 or more. Someone photoshopped the coupon, removing the toy icon & the work 'toy' so it read $5 off any purchase of $25 or more. People were printing out stacks of them & passing it around via 'net. They always flagged as unmatched but we were told to override them. It became widespread enough that corp finally sent out a notice disabling the coupon because of fraud & sent signs to post as a result.
There was also one for Gerber baby food that was causing our shelves to be wiped out, which is when stores were allowed to limit quantities.

The hair dye coupons should normally work if they have the correct product. Many of these products are similar looking but they do tend to have very specific fine print to them. I have received the correct coupon for them that do not register correctly either so they just depend. The Revlon Beauty tools are usually coupons for 2 dollars or 5 dollars off any two Revlon Beauty tools. I get people who come to my lane with less than 5 dollars worth of two products and only give them the amount off that the two products are since its considered scamming if they get money back for buying the product. o_O

The Aussie and Herbal Essence coupons never work and they are almost always legit from the consumer who buys them. I just always except the coupons. I think Target needs to hire a new database person so that they can fix the coupon problems for the registers.

The real problem I see with Target coupons is when you get people who come into Target at closing and try to buy items like Crest Whitestrips, Braun accessory items, and Sonicare toothbrush heads and use coupons that are not for the toothbrush heads, or the accessory items, but for the actual Toothbrush or actual razor itself. This type of scamming happens every time that I close and the guests seem to be dumb enough to come to my lane every time even though there are two other cashiers there. :p

I've had the same problems with Herbal Essance/Aussie coupons that I was using myself as well as the Revlon implements. I generally have to override although I had a guest who was trying to use the Revlon $5 off coupon for a curling iron. Ah, no...

I have guests that try to use coupons from Vons, Ralphs, and Rite-aid at my store all the time. It's surprising too since all the couples have the store logo in huge color print. I wonder if they are doing it on purpose to see if they could get away with it.

I love it when the coupon is ON the item (one of the pull-off ones) an the register doesn't think it matches!

Had a bunch of stick-on coupons that had EXPIRED! lol
Had to go pull 'em all off.

Physician's Formula had some expired coupons on them and then they put new ones out. lol They all look the same so check the expiration to see if its the new or old one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back