Archived Do you like doing the same thing everyday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I interviewed I was offered sftm or flow. Even with a 4am start I took flow and turned down sf because I didn't want to be on register even as backup. I love moving all day. I dropped 10 lbs easy when I started. That was my first and probably last target bonus!

I've been a cashier for a year now and I started hating it after a month or so into my job. I knew what I was signing up for, so I'm kind of at fault, but at the same time I don't like just standing in one spot waiting for guests. I like to move around. I like to fix things. I like being active. Being a cashier you're doing the same thing every day and it gets so tiring and boring. I'd much rather be in hardlines or softlines where they're constantly moving around..
You should switch to a Logistic team. There's always something going on

I've been a cashier for a year now and I started hating it after a month or so into my job. I knew what I was signing up for, so I'm kind of at fault, but at the same time I don't like just standing in one spot waiting for guests. I like to move around. I like to fix things. I like being active. Being a cashier you're doing the same thing every day and it gets so tiring and boring. I'd much rather be in hardlines or softlines where they're constantly moving around..

Precisely how I felt as a cashier and why I cross-trained in hardlines. I'd like to get into logistics, but ain't nobody got time hours fo' dat.

You should switch to a Logistic team. There's always something going on

Precisely how I felt as a cashier and why I cross-trained in hardlines. I'd like to get into logistics, but ain't nobody got time hours fo' dat.

I want to get crossed trained and I've been asking them (literally I've asked the team leads, HR, my ETL, my GSTL, the store manager) and they all say yes, but when it comes down to it they don't. I know it's Q4, but I've been asking since summer and my conversion wasn't so good due to the whole breach thing and no one trusting Target anymore. It's getting better but now I have school and my availability is very limited right now. I also feel like they have something against me at my store because everyone I know, even people who got hired a couple of months ago are getting trained somewhere else and are being moved up. I've talked to all of them about how I am and how I'm kind of ADD, but they don't care.

I know basic hardlines stuff. I know how to use the device, I know where things go etc etc. I've done reshop carts before and I've taken one shift before because a pregnant TM couldn't work in those conditions. I've also taken a softlines shift because someone had called out and I was the only one available at the time. I just need proper training and stuff but they're not really giving it to me.

Last edited:
I work on plano and I am in charge of getting all of the revisions done. I am usually in several different areas every day and constantly moving. If I finish revisions early then I help set any plans that are left. Lately the rest of Plano has had to help me because I have been swamped.

Exactly why I like service desk. You get to move around a little more, and you get to deal with different things every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back